Author Topic: surgery in ploand  (Read 24048 times)

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
thats great bb can you let us know how it goes? and also total cost for you? experierence etc, ive emailed them and am still awaiting a reply from them!you looking forward to it?

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
ok, Nina got back to me they are not allowed send picture they are only shown during a consultation(which is fair enough) also she was able to give me one persons email address whom had it done who has allowed consent for ppl to email him, I have emailed him and will see what he says on his expercience of the place

re the creams etc this is to what nina said

"In the price you have incuded medications, 1 night of stay, blood examination, elastic garment tow ear after the surgery/

As for the creams, you should follow surgeon's advices which are always atated on recomendation list which you receive while leaving the clinic . For example our main plastic surgeon do not recommend creams for scars, she only recommends putting the simplest, paper plaster onto the scar."

also i think its great that bb has booked into the other place we were discussing hopefully all goes well and he will tell us of his exp there!
bb what date are you going?

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
BB thats great to hear.  Hopefully your surgery will be a success and you will be gyne free.

Just make sure you do your research and cross check references.  Make sure you ask the former patients whether they had excision + lipo or only excision.  Specially if you only need excision. 

I know many people including myself who need revision surgery due to this.

I think 8 days is a lot to stay.  You don't need to saty more than 3 days.  Stitches can be removed fom anywhere.  Also they should really use dissolving stitches.

Whats the name of the city and how far is it from Berlin airport?  How far is the novotel from the clinic?

Good luck and please let us know about your experience.  Thanks.

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
I fly out on the 18th and my sugery is on the 19th. I decided to stay the 8 nights to give myself a little break also. I will probably be bored in the hotel most of the time so will update plenty on here.
The clinic is in Szczecin. North West i think, near the german border. In my correspondence i was told it would be a couple of hours drive from the Berlin airport. Apparently it's easier and cheaper than flying to Szczecin airport. The Novotel hotel is within walking distance from the clinic.

I'm told the compression vest they supply which is included in the price is quite bulky so i'm going to buy one from Holistic Garments which looks quite nice fitting so i have the choice of both.

So far dealing with the clinic has been very easy and smooth running, roll on next month.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
try to coordinate with some one else to come around the 19th as well for surgery.  Then you won't get bored.  At least you'll have someone to hang with.  After 3 days, you are walking around normally. So maybe you could take the train to a bigger city for a holiday break.

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
hey guys so this is what the person who had it done in the place i was talking about

"Yes that's fine, I am happy to answer your questions.

I am very happy with the results of the surgery, they removed the glands and left the shape of my chest very natural and where they made the incisions seem be healing up with with the scarring not as noticeable as I thought it would be, especially this early on. The whole process is very professional and in no way did I feel uncomfortable with level of care I received. The only thing I would say is bring a book for when you stay at the hospital which I did as otherwise you will find it pretty boring as there is no tv in the hospital and you will be have to stay in the hospital for at least 24 hours. Not all the nurses speak English but the doctors do, but the nurses are very attentive and if there is anything they don' understand they find out. Overall it was a very easy process from being picked up at the airport to be taken to the hospital and back, it made it stress free, which is what you need being in a foriegn country getting surgery done.

The cost was about £1100 for the surgery, I stayed a night before at a hotel arraanged by Nina which was nice for about £50 I think and flights cost me about £100 return and to pay for the taxi for both ways was £40.

The aftercare was good the following day before you leave the hospital and in terms of making it very clear as to what to do when I returned to the UK with full instructions, but I actually found I have been able to get back to my normal routine alot quicker than they recommended and feel fine.

After the surgery I was so glad I stayed in the hospital for the night, as everything is pretty sore and I was on a drip for the night. It just feels reassuring that they are still monitoring, and then the next day they had an examination of surgery. You will be feeling tender and a bit fragile so dont pack too much to carry on the flight.

I would 100% recommend the surgery and doctors. It is a very professional set up, very clean, hygenic, the doctors are very nice, answer all the questions and put you at ease.

Well I hope I answered your questions, let me know if you want to know anything else."

from what i can see either bbs place or this place are the places to go in poland!

bb also do you have contact details for your clinic i'm not sure if i emailed the right place now they hvae still not gotten back to me!
cheers

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
THanks for this post Irish.  The reference was good.  But we need some more.  From both places.

Also, did this guy have lipo or just excision.  I wish he'd send you pics pre & post op.  If you email him again, please try to find out his height and weight and age so we can compare it to ourselves.

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
ye i'm still awaiting the response from the place that bb is going and that you have emailed, i emailed a gmail account is that right ...? anyway, yet to hear,.....
as for the place im suggesting nina said that only one person in the testimonials said yes to being allowed contactable by other clients so not sure we'll get anymore refs from there! i;ve since asked him more questions, but i doubt he'll send pics and even if he did to me i wouldnt post them here(not my place), will keep you posted of his reply...

whats excision by the way? he said he had the gland removed, i can ask his weight and height no problem.
how many more references will you want april ?, we're not going to get pics from these places directly due to client confidentialy. im fairly certain the only way will be with people who have been there themselves, So BB we counting on you!!!, and to be honest I'm fairly confident about both places and i'll probably go with one or the other, yet to decide.... just gettin pissd off with them now want them gone! we can't be negative on these all the time! sometimes we just have to suck it up and get the job done! my savings have begun!!haha god im so broke! we should set up donations to this forum!

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
hey guys the guy back to me again with more questions i asked anyway here is his response, i think poland is defo a runner!

"I had the surgery in early August. It has healed, but some of the scars from the incisions are slight raised, so I am using bio oil which they suggested on these to help the healing process and reduce any scarring.

I actually had this before on one side of my chest, and had the same procedure done in Belgium about 5 years ago, but for some unknown reason it flared up on the other side a few years later, so I had been through this before, I would say the polish surgery experience was far better as I felt really looked after the whole way, in Belgium they jsut dropped me off at the hotel straigh after i woke from surgery and left me to it!

I feel fully recovered, they told me not do any training for about 8 weeks, but i have just started back in the gym after about 6 weeks, so i feel ok. I feel so much beetr now I've had it done, I can wear t-shirts i wouldn't have felt comfortable with before, or wear about 3 tops to make it less noticeable"

looks promising!

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
hey guys sorry about the late reply.  Was very busy with work.

we've put together useful information.  this is good progress.

excision is only gland removal (not lipo).

I say we still press for more references and photos.

If a surgeon is doing 5  or 6 surgeries per month, they can easily give us more references.

To summarize, which one of us has decided to book surgery dates so far?  And if so, at which of the clinics in Poland?

I got confused between the 2 of them.

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
hey april,

bb as far as i know has booked into -, i have yet to book anything yet!,
i have got an email back from - with costs etc as you have to i belive, its bout 1400 euro

this is the reply i got

"A Gynaecomastia operation is a fairly simple operation which can
easily be arranged. The cost is 5000 zlotys which currently equals
1100 pounds (or 6000 zlotys - currently 1320 pounds if liposuction is
necessary as well as excision) plus 100 zl for Ultrasound and 150 zl
for blood tests unless you bring these with you. The price includes
both sides of the chest.

Usually patients arrive the night before an operation, so that the
next morning the ultrasound and blood tests can be arranged and the
operation will take place in the afternoon. You will stay one night at
the clinic and need to stay a minimum of 6 further nights in Szczecin
(giving a total of 8 nights in Szczecin). Stitches are removed on the
7th day after the operation.

The Consultant Surgeon has done hundreds of this type of operation and
has 11 years experience........"
i will ask for revferences from this place but to be honest april if a client has not signed a consent form the clinic legally cannot give their details out!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:16:03 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
found another site where - is on, also it has list off all surgeons and clinics that provide the service in poland

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:10:59 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Irish, that web site url you put up has some great information.  I am going to start writing to a few of them.  now we have many options instead of just those 2 clinics. 

Most of them have web sites.  You should also contact some of them who you feel could be good.  I'll email the ones in Warsaw (as its easier to get direct flights there with minimal driving time to clinic).  In our post surgery condition, this should be a point to take into factor).  The others it seems are 1 to 2 hours drive from Berlin airport.

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
ye i thought that that website was good extremly informative, and to be honest a lot - inclusive have at least 10years expercience!, they got back to me by the way but obviously due to legal reasons they cannot give out information of clients and pictures but that website link i did last post of mine has some on it. i mentioned it to Jeremy and he said that it was a good idea and he would suggest it to his wife (the surgeon). I really do think - is a runner here, and i await to see how BB gets on! I'm gonna get saving i tihnk and treat myself to christmas present!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:16:29 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
Dont worry i will keep you all updated with how my surgery goes, just want to get there and have it done now - just over 3 weeks!  8)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024