Author Topic: Re: Candidate for Short Scar Incision  (Read 1917 times)

DrBermant

How does a plastic surgeon determine if you're a candidate for a smaller incision (like Dr. Bermant's 'short scar' technique... sounds grand don't it).  Is it amount of gland and fat and how extreme the case is or what?  I want to avoid like a half moon incision and would rather have something along the lines of 1cm or so.

I prefer a short scar when possible as part of my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Sculpture when I need to remove gland and sculpt remaining tissues.  A shorter scar tends to hide better than one that goes from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock.  For most patients this is often about 2 cm cord length (the size of my smaller fingers so I can feel that the firmer tissues have been removed.)  I can remove a very large gland and other tissues through this small incision.

For my short incision male mastopexy internal breast lift, this is about 3cm since I need to get instruments into the tissue perform the sculpture.  For my liposuction alone sculpture, the incision are even smaller.  Actual size can vary with each patient.

The short incision technique for larger glands does take a great deal of work and longer operative times.  It is alot easier to work from a larger incision.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 12:05:22 PM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024