Author Topic: update  (Read 1906 times)

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
hey guys, ive been taking dostinex (cabergoline) for a month and a half now for slightly elevated prolactin, and slightly lower testosterone.  What dostinex does is, lower prolactin, which brings my testosterone back to normal.  I am waiting on blood tests to see exactly what my testosterone is at right now, but i have noticed since i started dostinex the glands i have, have gotten harder (they were pretty soft) and perhaps more condensed.  Anyone know if this could be a step in the right or wrong direction, thanks

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
btw i have had mild gyne for about 4.5 months

Offline Lurqy

I'm actually very curious about this as well.  I've been on cabergoline for almost a month now and was hoping to at least have a reduction in tenderness from the gyno but that hasnt gone away.  It can still be painful.  I'm being treated for a prolactinoma (about 5-7mm in size).  My prolactin levels were at about 100 and my T levels were at 280. 

How much cabergoline do they have you on?  Have you noticed any difference at all?  I'm currently on .25mg twice a week and I'm wondering if thats too low.  I dont get another blood test for 3 months but I want to get one sooner just to see if anything is happening. 

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
i dont have a prolactinoma, i have ess (empty sella syndrome) apparently fluid got into the chamber where the pituitary gland is(not supposed to have fluid there) and it can effect the gland, most people they dont notice anything and they go thru life normally, i only had a prolactin rating of 18, and just had a blood test, the doctor said my prolactin went very low(im having the results mailed to me i dont know the exact number) and my testosterone went up about 100 points in a month(mid 200s up to mid 300s) and my free T went up like 6 points. I was on .25 mg twice a week for that month(my first month taking it), i have been reduced to .25 once a week, and have been doing that for a week. From what i have learned, it takes several months to know if the breast tissue will regress at all because ur testosterone is suppressed by prolactin, and only gradually goes up(even if prolactin levels are cut immediately by cabergoline or something else).  So i think it takes some time for the testosterone to come back to normal, and only at that point will you see see possible breast tissue regression.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024