Author Topic: Decided to make the first call to Dr. Fielding and have some questions.  (Read 2482 times)

Offline nobita

Hello everyone, i've been lurking in the forum for quite a while now.  I finally decided to book an appointment for consultation with Dr. Fielding soon. I live in toronto and not that far from the place.  Anyhow here are a few questions i would like to ask, i'm sure this is not a big deal or i can always ask this when I call, but I'll ask them anyway just to be safe and ease my mind.

I'm an international worker with working permit in canada, now i heard that some people mentioning something about Dr.Fielding not eligible to do a surgery for non canadian residence ( though international worker are mentioned as a temporary residence  ::) )  I'd love to hear if anyone have more information about this.  I'm also in the process of submitting my OHIP application at the moment, the process will probably take somewhere around 2/3 weeks.

I'm aware that the cost will range somewhere between $1500-$2000 ( from what i heard in this message board).  Do you think Dr.Fielding would mind suppose i can't make the decision about the surgery date on spot during the consultation. I may have to talk to my parents regarding the cost etc because they are planning to to help me paying the cost.   

thanks folks, i'll keep checking this thread and post more questions suppose something come to my mind. I really do appreciate all your help and support
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:52:00 PM by nobita »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on deciding to get surgery dude... Being gyne free is awesome!

From what I have read on the Web, to qualify for OHIP, you have to be a permanent Ontario resident for a minimum of 2 years.

You probably wouldn't get in for surgery for at least 4-8 weeks after your consult. Lots of time to talk with your folks about it...  ;)

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nobita

hi grandpa thanks for the reply.  i did check the website and they mentioned that foreign worker is eligible to apply for OHIP, i'll give them a call soon and as ;)k them for sure. I'll let you know how it goes, i might get lucky. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024