Author Topic: Surgery in a week....and I am freaking out!!!!  (Read 3168 times)

Offline JJ79

• Posting Member
So like many of us, I have been thinking about surgery since I was 18, now I am 29 and I finally took the decision to go for surgery. I am starting to get a bit nervous and stressed about that though, also because this is my first surgery and I am a bit afraid of anesthesia...maybe the fact of being unconscious and of an allergic reaction to the sedative (which is actually very rare) freaks me out a bit...My doctor reassured me about that telling me that everything will be fine but still.... I can still not believe I am doing this, seems like a dream coming true after some many years of postponing this decision.....I don't know...just wanted to share this  messy thought with you guys, maybe hoping to find some comfort in someone's words :)

Offline daewoo123

• Posting Member
I wish I was freaking out like you, I cannot afford surgery nor can I get a loan so yeah, you should be glad you're finally getting rid of that thing.

Offline MSJ108

I feel your pain in away.

I have a very very slight case. I even had one surgeon tell me not to take the risk. However, my puffy nips bother me and I would like to have it take care of.

My fear though is that it will not come out like I would have liked and I just wasted serious cash. My other fear is that my chest ends up looking worse than before.

Offline JJ79

• Posting Member
Hi MSJ108, I totally understand your concern about the outcome of the surgery, that was my thought too when I had the consultation with my surgeon. In a way he did not expose himself too much in the sense that he told me that a good outcome depends on many factors, well most of all on his job but also on whether you scrupulously stick to all the post-operation "rules", on your skin's elasticity....I will keep you posted on the final result, fingers crossed!!!

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
Your surgeon is not kidding though. Gyno surgery is a routine surgery for those who have been doing it for awhile and have experience. It's easy for them. And depending on your severity, the elasticity is a huge factor in post-op and can be the difference between good and great results. Some people get lazy and don't wear the compression garment as instructed, or start working out their chest prematurely. That's the wrong attitude, and I guess with less severe cases they might get away with it. That's what he means by 'post-op being important'... mine said it was critical.

But other than that, you the operation will be fine, and you'll be A-OK coming out! Don't worry about that... just start planning your post-op time table and start dreaming of all the things you're going to do when you're all healed.  8)
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

Offline Spleen

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
What I'm worried most about is if I get a bad result, all that money wasted!

No need to worry about anesthesia. Even if you do die from it, seems like an easy death.

Hahaha... actually when I had mine done, I had resigned myself to the fact that if I die, I die. After 20 years of dealing with it I said to myself that I'd rather die trying to fix this hell, than to live another day with it. That courage pulled me through no problem.  ;D

If you go to one of the recommended surgeons, or one you do your research on, you should be fine. And after the fact, you realize that it was priceless and you wonder why didn't do it sooner, and that you really would have paid almost any amount of money for it if you had just 'known' the feeling.

Offline MSJ108

Hi MSJ108, I totally understand your concern about the outcome of the surgery, that was my thought too when I had the consultation with my surgeon. In a way he did not expose himself too much in the sense that he told me that a good outcome depends on many factors, well most of all on his job but also on whether you scrupulously stick to all the post-operation "rules", on your skin's elasticity....I will keep you posted on the final result, fingers crossed!!!

Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024