Author Topic: can i get some input please?!  (Read 1877 times)

Offline bM0K

hey guys.
i'm 18 years old, and i've had gynecomastia (or, i think it is) since was about 14-15 years old. the reason i'm not sure if it's gynecomastia or not is because i'm too ashamed to bring it up with my parents, and never got the courage to go see a plastic surgeon.

any advice? tips? approximate cost for a surgery?
anything really would be useful.

thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
First step would be to ask the family Doctor when you have a regular checkup.

You should NEVER be ashamed of something that is beyond your control.

If you are having trouble talking to your parents, is ther another member of the extended family nearby that you can talk to? Sometimes grandparents can be a great help. (I know because I am one)

Grandpa Dan

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
bro i know how you feel...i  told my parents a couple weeks ago and i have to tell you once you do it, it feels like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. plus your one step closer to getting rid of the problem. idk how your parents are but you shouldnt feel ashamed, there your parents! think of it this way...who else is going to undertand you better than your parents???if anyone tell them first.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Man I wasnt formall diagnosed till I was 28. A year ago. I knew there was an issue, but, never knew what to do. I talked to my doctor about it.. Then I talked to a Plastic surgeon.. Then I talked to my mom about it, then my wife. It was hard, but, a little support group is good. It helps get motivated for surgery.Maybe even a little financial help. Most of my friends will never know. I just dont have anything to hide anymore, no more layering clothes. 
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024