Author Topic: One year later  (Read 3026 times)

Offline imhealing

whats up guys..im 18 years old turning 19 this year... I had surgery last June because i had mild gyne..I had puffy nipples with big glands behind them...i spent my teenage years just like the rest of you guys shy and ashamed of my body. a year later im flat chested not the most perfect looking but i feel better. I am still shy about my chest I don't know how to approach a girl and explain it to her..im embaressed still to go to a pool or beach.. When my nipples are erect they look really normal but other then that you can tell i had surgery...my nipples have creases in them and they dont look alike really..i think my surgeon actually dug into my actual muscle a little bit and left like a empty space under my nipples.i will admit wearing 1 t shirt feels nice but i get nervous if a girl even puts her hand on my chest. the feeling of them being gone is great though..i play sports better now i feel more athletic...i feel as if my doctor rushed me and didnt advise me properly...i felt he could've told me to do alot of cardio before the surgery to lower my BF..so now im doing that..im not really fat but could lose some BF
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:14:48 AM by imhealing »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Don't know what you looked like before but I think you have a nice result from surgery.

Losing weight before surgery is fine -- but a lot of guys have difficulty/reluctance because of their gyne -- it is embarrassing to be in a gym, to be bouncing while on a treadmill, etc.  It then becomes a vicious cycle:you can't seem to lose the weight so you don't qualify for surgery.

I do not believe that everyone must go on a diet or lose a specific amount of weight in order to qualify for surgery -- because I know how difficult it is.  Rather, you can have surgery, look normal for your weight, and then if you lose weight after surgery (because you feel better about yourself), your chest will improve as well.

I have had many patients who had surgery and then, feeling much better about themselves, have gone on to lose weight, exercise and change their lifestyle.  In these cases, doing the surgery was just opening the door to a better and healthier body.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
The scarring underneath the areola is pretty bad but other than that you have nothing to complain about...be happy for what you have and move on with your life.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
let me just tell u this.... if u did not tell me anything about gyne and i saw u at the beach and whatever... your nipples would look exactly the same and i would not think twice about them... the only reason i seen the little scar tissue under the nipple as i did is becouse i was looking for something wrong with them cuz what you said.... but yea those are good results... and if u wanna get ripped all u gotta do is interval cardio in the morning and lift big at night before you go to bed..... and you eat every 3 hours.... thats what i did when i ws boxing and i was completely rippped except for my gyne.... i can show you pictures if you like becouse the human body is my passion and i would never give advice to someone that i would not do or have no done.... your body is a science and once you know and unlock all its potential its very easy to manipulate it to do what you would like in a safe and healthy way... :)

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
I think its a good result. I dont really see any creasing that you talked about. I know pictures dont always do it justice. try not to worry about it though man. It looks fine

Offline imhealing

thank you for the advice i appreciate it alot

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024