Author Topic: 1- Month Post Surgery  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
I had my surgery on Jan 6, 2010 and I am still quite swollen in one side.  When I have my garment on for a while it seems to get better but then as soon as I take it off it gets swollen and noticeable again.  How long will swelling typically last?  How long do I need to be wearing this garment?  Will not wearing it effect the healing process? (as in some way other than lengthening it?)

Also I was wondering when all is said and done what kind of lump will I feel in my chest?  Will whatever it is just be scar tissue? 

Thanks

Offline thedomino

• Posting Member
Hey,

I had my surgery on the 13th jan and i'm still swollen on one side too. Ive been told to keep the garment on until the 23rd feb ish, when i see the surgeon again. although he said that by now I can wear it just in the day and not at night. although ive chosen to just wear it 24/7. On the side that isn't swollen i cant feel anything below the skin, just feels like a bit of liquid, then ribs. on my swollen side i can feel a hardish lump right under my nipple, but its definitely fluid and not gland. I was flat as a pancake when i first had my drains out, then as far as i can tell, when the drains came out they nicked something and i bled inside

TD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024