Author Topic: Work attire  (Read 4016 times)

Offline dunkin

• Posting Member
Normal work attire for me. We do not have a dress code to follow. I usually wear a long sleeve button up shirt over everything so as not to draw to much attention to myself. I have on a 38b underwire non padded.

Offline taxmapper

Thats sorta what I look like during the day. 

i need to wear simi-casual and sometimes polo shirts. 

with those I try to keep them a bit loose, but my continued growth is bringing more protrusion. 

Offline dunkin

• Posting Member
Taxmapper, do you have anything you wear over the polo shirt? I usually wear a button up flannel type over my t shirt. Trying to work up the courage to not use the flannel shirt but I haven’t gotten that yet.

aboywithgirls

Dunkin,

It will probably come with time. Sooner or later, you will find that most people already know. Bands are usually visible on the back. You will also find that nobody ( at least guys) don't care and women are empathetic to you wearing a bra. That's when I stopped hiding my worst kept secret.

🤗🤗🤗🤗
Sophie

Offline taxmapper

Taxmapper, do you have anything you wear over the polo shirt? I usually wear a button up flannel type over my t shirt. Trying to work up the courage to not use the flannel shirt but I haven’t gotten that yet.
Not really.  
I usually wear pads because i typically find ways of scraping the nips against something. 
As a result it makes mine a bit rounder.  
So Ill take out the pads with the polos and run with that. But because everyone has seen a slow progression, its not really talked about or mostly noticed. 
Today I have on for Casual Friday a Hawaiian type shirt and have pads on. I am projecting, but the patterns typically camouflaged them a bit. 
but I am also tot he point that I don't really care much anymore. 

I measured by bust this am and hit 50 inches.

Cant hide that. 

Offline dunkin

• Posting Member
Sophie, thank you for your encouragement and I’ve been following along with your path for some time as I’ve been sorta a silent member to this forum for some time. You truly are an inspiration for those considering that path and I must congratulate you on your new path in life. 
 Taxmapper, I would agree that you are for sure in the obvious range and congrats to you also for having the courage to be out and about with no cares. I want to be at that point, just can’t overcome that hurdle. Sophie is correct in people seeing the bra straps or any visible signs, my wife tells me I shouldn’t worry about what anyone thinks about it. I agree with all these statements completely but it’s convincing my brain to accept it that’s the problem. I’m not huge like many members here are but I have noticed more growth and I’m trying to convince myself that I need to just accept that a bra does help.

Orb

It looks and sounds to me your doing good with this.  I feel we are harder on ourselves than others are to us.  Some may see the changes but not say anything.  They really don't care.  For me the biggest adjustment was in my own head.  Your doing great and sounds like you have good support.

aboywithgirls

BenUSA,

Thank you for that 😍🤗🥰❣️

It takes time to give yourself permission to be comfortable and be yourself. Each level of self acceptance is always rewarding to yourself and to those around you. They see that you are comfortable being you and most of all, happy and content. A bra is just that, a bra. Your wife wears one and is supportive of you wearing a bra for the same reasons that she does. Just go with it!

your sis,
Sophie🥰🤗😍💋

Offline taxmapper

Good to go. 

Actually when I first felt them growing I was somewhat excited. 
maybe its just my wiring, but I was... FINALLY I am getting boobs!  
Its weird, but its always been there. 
in time I think youll be fine. 

Confused old man

It’s such a diverse crowd out there anymore you see all kinds of things. Lots of tattoos,piercings and everything else. My fear was what people would think if they saw my bra line or even my bra. Or what they would think of my protruding chest. I have come to the conclusion that people are so busy with themselves that they don’t really look at you and if they do they could care less about your boobs or bra if they saw it. I was in fear of something that did not exist. And if someone happens to be appalled by me having boobs. They keep it to themselves. Because I have never heard anybody say anything. I went to a indoor water park with my kids and grandkids last week. I will tell that story another time. It was a positive experience.

aboywithgirls

It’s such a diverse crowd out there anymore you see all kinds of things. Lots of tattoos,piercings and everything else. My fear was what people would think if they saw my bra line or even my bra. Or what they would think of my protruding chest. I have come to the conclusion that people are so busy with themselves that they don’t really look at you and if they do they could care less about your boobs or bra if they saw it. I was in fear of something that did not exist. And if someone happens to be appalled by me having boobs. They keep it to themselves. Because I have never heard anybody say anything. I went to a indoor water park with my kids and grandkids last week. I will tell that story another time. It was a positive experience.
COM,

You are sooooo right ✅️! Anybody seeing your bra line, bra strap or even your bra itself is like a "monster under your bed". I went through it too. Then, what would the girls at work say about me wearing a bra (I work at a breast care center with an all female staff, except for me when I started there). What will they say if they notice that my tops and slacks come from the ladies department? Then, what will they say when I return to work with long hair wearing a skirt suit, nylons and slingback heels.

What did they say? "Good for you!", "Congratulations!", " I love your heels 👠", "It's about time, girl !". 

It was nothing but positive!

Orb

I think for the most part people are more accepting of the fluidity in gender identity and the diversity within us all.  With all the talk of it, even those not willing to accept, it has made everyone aware of it.  I feel that is a good thing.  Society now knows more about the diversity in genders.  A diverse wardrobe within genders has also taken a big step forward.  Its hard to say or spot someone who decades or years ago stepped outside of male, female clothing. Individuality is common place and accepted.

aboywithgirls

Absolutely. In contrast to myself, I have an individual who I work with that has broken away from the traditional feminine attire that they used to wear to work. They are very open about purchasing their office clothes at the Men's Wearhouse. I really applaud them. 

We have a dress code in our Catholic based medical system which our breast care center is a part of. It can seem archaic but, it states that females need to wear nylons or tights if we choose to wear a skirt or dress. We also have to wear a bra while at work. Men have to wear a tie. I chose to wear a bra even while still pretending to be a man. My friend, I feel is being unfairly singled out because while they a clearly but not officially identifying as a man and wears a tie, had to wear a bra up until recently.  Apparently a breast binder can be worn in place of a bra.

In even the most conservative areas of society, people are realizing that good people and good employees are just that. They should not have to fit the perfect male / female binary stereotypes.

I can say this about me, with the tiny little detail of being born with a penis. I am a girly girl through and through who is happy to be a stereotypical female.

your sis,
🥰🤗❤️👩‍🦰❣️
Sophie

Orb

I wear a tie often.  I know many men that hate it and can't wait to get home and remove it.  Sound familiar?  I remember woman having and wearing power suites.  I see in many upscale restaurants waitresses in neck ties.  I like it.
I don't think clothing gender norms are all that anymore.  Anything goes, and that's fine with me.  

Offline 42CSurprise!

Yes, there is hope of greater acceptance of diversity, but we also know there is profound resistance and the topic easily becomes a political football... kicked around at election time to mobilize those offended by such things.  It is happening right now in many parts of the United States as politicians stake out territory.  It saddens me.

It is also worth mentioning that not only are breasts on boys and men a cause for shaming, so is being overweight.  You might call it body shaming and is experienced by both men and women.  If a boy/man has had a soft body it is likely there is embarrassment along the way.  Accepting breasts often involves accepting a round body as well.  This can be challenging but this is the journey many of us are on.  I rather doubt any of us looks like Gina Lollobrigida... full breasts and a slender though curvaceous body... :-*

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024