Author Topic: Depression anyone?  (Read 16363 times)

hammer

You said it TigerPaws! It could not be said any better!

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Gentlemen "Depression" is by definition a "mental illness" not a physical issue. I have commanded men as young 18 into battle (they changed from boys to men very quickly). I have held dieing men in my arms and comforted them as the life faded from their broken bullet riddled bodies. I have seen men with body parts blown off who lived to forever be confined to a wheel chair or blindness and far worse than most of you could possibly imagine.

A few of these men could not cope with their new lot in life and they killed themselves, no one should condemn or applaud their decision.

Far more learned to accept their new reality and make the best of the hand which was dealt to them, some were able to overcome their disability and prospered.

I can say from personal experience Gynecomastia is NOT the end of the world, it will not kill you, at best having breasts is an inconvenience (I am a 38C and 5'9" 165lbs so I know of what I am speaking about).

Depression? Gentleman with all due respect "Pull Your Head out of Your Self Adsorbed ASS" and move on with your life.

Just because somebody has gyne does not mean that they don't have Clinical Depression. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Would you tell all people with depression to pull their heads out of their asses if they had not experienced the horrors of war?

What depression is 'valid' by your standards?

Are no civvies actually able to be depressed in your opinion?

The previous posts were not stating that gyne will kill them or hurt them... thats obvious. They were explaining that gyne has had an effect on their self-esteem to the point where its causing feelings of depression that last for years.

If gyne did not cause some degree of depression or the feeling that it is severely effecting self-esteem then this website would probably not exist.....

I am certain everybody who has every browsed this forum would pull his head out of his arse if he could & just forget about it.... it just isn't that simple.

I do agree in that every person should make the most of their lives while we are here & be grateful for the stuff we do have.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Well put.

I was nearing 50 when safe effective surgery for gynecomastia became widely available. but by then my priorities were elsewhere.

As a Military Medic, I saw some real life and death issues. As a paramedic  that continued. My mother had breast Cancer and recovered. My youngest daughter needed heart surgery. She did well. There were the concerns of a growing family. A step daughter needed surgery on a knee. A grandchild with cancer, her checkups now are good but we still worry. My wife needed to have her knees replaced. Somehow having a bit of surplus tissue on my chest never reached the level of concern that these other things did. I am so fortunate that my problems are trivial
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024