Author Topic: The time has come. Surgery with Levick. 10 Month Update!  (Read 12622 times)

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Sorry lads, it's be a long time since I've posted anything but I thought I'd show you guys some current photos.

Sorry about the hair!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Looking pretty amazing, no-one would guess in a million years you'd ever had anything done - and that must be the mark of a great surgeon?

Looks like you got a big shrinkage on the size of nips too!

Have all your lumps and bumps gone now? any remaining scar tissue or anything?

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Agree with Donut, pretty amazing, Mr Levick is the man.

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys, unfortunately there is some remaining scar tissue especially on the right side. I am still very pleased with it though, it's changed my mind. Got some photos I haven't uploaded of pre op and what was taken out. Prepare to have your mind blown. I actually spent the last 20 mins just staring at these photos. Weird right?

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Wow! - and I thought my burgers were impressive!  lol  :D

Are you going back to see Mr Levick? - he can give you an injection to break up the scar tissue

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Wow! - and I thought my burgers were impressive!  lol  :D

Are you going back to see Mr Levick? - he can give you an injection to break up the scar tissue

Haha, ye you really don't expect what comes out. Weird thinking I carried all that around on my chest. It's so grim but I can't help looking at it. Sort of motivates me to lose weight and go to the gym. Levick really did an amazing job. I've emailed him to get those pictures so he might suggest that. I'm quite far away from Birmingham. I live about 5/6 hours away for university so I may have to wait until I'm home in April to get it sorted.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Certainly good motivation - I've been checking out a few gyms and the local swimming pools to see which I fancy joining up to so that I can hopefully get in a bit more of a decent shape come the summer.

I've no doubt Mr Levick will sort you out. He does genuinely seem to want to get the very best result possible in all of his patients, whatever it takes!

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Certainly good motivation - I've been checking out a few gyms and the local swimming pools to see which I fancy joining up to so that I can hopefully get in a bit more of a decent shape come the summer.

I've no doubt Mr Levick will sort you out. He does genuinely seem to want to get the very best result possible in all of his patients, whatever it takes!

I'm sure he will too, he seemed like a really nice guy. I'm really working on getting in to shape. Doing this couch to 5k programme at the moment and also weightlifting 3 times a week. I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and I can already see improvement.

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Thought I'd let everyone know what's going on with me at the moment. I'm now trying to correct my rolled shoulders from hunching over when I was trying to hide my moobs. I'm also trying to gain some muscle and lose weight. I go to the gym three times a week, I do deadlifts, bench presses and squats. I've also started doing Pull-ups, Dips and sitting rows. To correct my rolled shoulders, I plan on doing Reverse Flys, Face rows and Bent over shrugs as suggested by Scoobys Workshop. I'll keep you all updated with my progress on these. I'm pretty bad with it but I also try and do press-ups, sit-ups and planks every day.

I'm also working on the couch to 5k programme. I'm on the 4th week at the moment and I can now run 3 mins, 2.5 min break, 5 mins, 2.5 min break and repeat this a second time. It may not seem much but I was so unfit when I started I was struggling to run 1.5 mins without getting puffed out. As well as the cardio, I've completely changed my diet. I've cut down to about 1500-1800 calories per day (perhaps a bit too low, may raise this) and I'm eating a lot of vegetables, fruit, salads and brown/wholemeal carbohydrate. On top of this, I try and eat a fair bit of protein.

I plan on posting another picture soon of my shaved chest. My hair sort of follows the outline of where my moobs were and it still looks weird. I will shave my chest week at some point so you guys get a true idea of what my chest is currently looking like.

Offline ms123

• Posting Member
See iquitsugar dot com for some really good recipes and ideas for quitting sugar.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
agree on cutting the carbs - last summer I shead 3.5 stone to reach my current 11 stone but watching calories, but mostly by cutting the carbs pretty low (not like completely out as in Atkins diet - just low).  Most effective way of losing weight I'ver ever done.  Body craves carbs for first few days, it is really difficult - but after a few days you get used to it.

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Another update.

Almost a year post surgery now. Been working hard over the last few months. I've just completed couch to 5k. I'm running half an hour 3 times a week (3 miles). Was pretty hard but it feels great when you first complete a 5k without stopping.

Gym is going ok, not great though. I'm benching 50kg max, squatting 70kg and deadlifting 80kg. I'm still a bit funny about my form with deadlifting, not 100% sure I'm doing it right. Will update you guys with more shortly. Also I'm now 13st 4lb. Should also mention i'm going for a 1 year post op check in a couple of weeks.

And heres a picture for you all.

Offline gj94x

• Posting Member
Hey mike, really nice results mate, I'm having surgery with levick next week. If you want any training advice feel free to pm me!

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
If you need form help (or any other kind for that matter) I strongly recommend checking out Elliott Hulse on YouTube.

His strength camp is about working out and his Elliott said what channel is about the mind which you may or may not be interested in.

As for the strength camp channel and deadlifts do a search on his channel for 'corrective deadlifts' helped me a lot it's not an easy movement but it's important to get it right to lift safe.

Been watching both us channels for over a year he's pretty cool/useful

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
If you need form help (or any other kind for that matter) I strongly recommend checking out Elliott Hulse on YouTube.

His strength camp is about working out and his Elliott said what channel is about the mind which you may or may not be interested in.

As for the strength camp channel and deadlifts do a search on his channel for 'corrective deadlifts' helped me a lot it's not an easy movement but it's important to get it right to lift safe.

Been watching both us channels for over a year he's pretty cool/useful

Hey, really glad to here its going well and nice work on the deads, squats and bench, they're pretty much my focus in the gym, I agree with sjwsjw Eliott Hulse is really good and has helped me a lot, try CanditoTrainingHQ as well, he's really good for helping with form.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024