Author Topic: 1 year  (Read 3104 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Hi all,
I am just posting to see if anyone has any advice. I am 1 year post op and had surgery with Benito. He did a great job on my right side, however my left side which he had to be particularly aggressive with as there was a lot to remove, has sunk in . I have emailed Dr Benito my pics and he has told me that I have suffered bad shrinkage.
Apparently the only way to correct this is by having fat grafted from my flanks and injected into the chest area to make it more even. As Benito has changed hospitals in Barcelona he has told me the best deal he can do is 1000 euros. After my surgery last year i dont really have that kind of money. Does anyone know if Karadis would peform this procedure? What is Karadis contact details?
 I have to say that as it is at the moment is much better than when I had gynecomastia, I have been wearing "normal" clothes and clothes that I like in the shop rather than the same old baggy ones that I used to hide it.
My dilema is do I just leave it and be happy that it is better or do I get it corrected?

Offline kingboob

Really it is up to you...... how badly is it affecting you?

What I can say is someone like Karadis (or any other new surgeon) is going to be charging a lot more than 1000 euros to do the job..... revision surgeries can be more difficult than doing the original operation as there is further scar tissue and other issues to deal with - the price is going to reflect that.

So it is either a case of raise the money or live with the problem - only you can decide what to do.

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Karidis will be expensive I'm afraid. I'm paying £4000 (€4670) for gyne correction (lipo/exision), but this is an amount I'm more than willing to pay for his proven expertise!

His website is http://www.nipntuck.co.uk/ and there's numbers/emails on there that you could use to contact his team.

Good luck!
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

irish lad

well mwalker hows things?

im in a similar boat il be going back to benito sometime soon for a revision which will involve just lipo so that the skin will shrink more im getting charged 1600euros i was told its just hospital expences.. i reckon if your happy with your chest and it doesnt bother you that much and you can buy whatever you want and wear it without worrying thats a pretty good result, i dont its a hard 1 to call its really down to you

Offline Dub

• Posting Member
Hi,

By "sunk in" do you mean its concave on the side? I'm over 2 years post op (with Dr Levick) and I have the same problem. Like you say, a million times better off than when I had gyne, but if my chest could be perfected, that'd be great.

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Hi Dub
Yeah its concave on the sde........like i said it doesnt bother me when I have clothes on as it looks flat, but if I were to go to the beach , yes I would take of my top and be ok with it but would always know that it sinks in looking a little strange. Million times better than it was...maybe I should just be happy!!

Irish,
Hows it going - so ur going back are you? When u going? Hope it goes well

Offline tomo25mcr

• Posting Member
really scares me all this talking about things going wrong and caved in parts of the chest, i would of thought the doc would no exactly how much gland to cut out

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024