Author Topic: Rare Male Black Nipple Discharge Video - Looking for comments on viewability  (Read 10446 times)

DrBermant

In preparaing for an upcoming lecture I am giving at the Clinical Endocrinology National Meeting, I have posted a rare Video of Male Black Nipple Discharge. When reviewing what I was presenting, the endocrinologist I am working with for the presentation asked that I use this video to stimulate discussion at my forum since she had also never seen this problem in a male patient.

I took the video for a male patient who had a repeatable Black Nipple Discharge during my normal gynecomastia  evaluation. I work with up to 8 gynecomastia patients each day.  I have been helping gynecomastia patients since I was a medical student which was more than 34 years ago. I have seen quite a few cases of milk, clear fluid and an unusual case of pus from an infected nipple breast on a man. Yet I have never seen, read about, or heard of this very dark green to black fluid coming from a male breast.  The many pathologists who looked at the smears also had not seen such a condition, but they did not find old blood, just cellular debris.  They had seen dark fluid in breast tissue from female breasts.  The discharge was most likely a rare Male Ductal Ectasia. 

The video is really neat showing the black color streaming probably from one duct after gentle breast compression.  Nipple discharge is a Red Flag, and needs to be worked up before elective Plastic Surgery.

I am looking to check if the videos can be viewed.  I posted a QuickTime, Windows Media Video, Flash, and iPod MP4 player version to cover all bases.  Comments would be appreciated.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

GynO_DuDe

All videos/every format works fine on my laptop.

The actual video itself I found quite disturbing! Gynecomastia is a nightmare on it's own ... but releasing fluids would be ten times worse.

Thats my view on it any way!

Offline Audreyi

• Posting Member
Links were viewed with no problem.

Thank you for the post I have been doing a significant amount of research and reading on the male breast due to my son presenting with unilateral gynecomastia at 6 yoa.  I imagine the cellular fluid sample was sent to pathology and the patient also sent for ultrasound for inspection of any masses.  I have experienced unilateral pressure discharge from the same duct for the last 12 years and told not to worry about it.  Four years after I discovered it a new obgyn did take a sample and thankfully there was no infection so I don't worry about it but still have it (no one ever checked my hormones) .  I am curious if male discharge also remains persistent and how long ago your patient discovered it.  Dark discharge would truly frighten me.  I know that surgeons sometimes remove the duct in women with persistent discharge and I wonder if it persists in men would it qualify for insurance companies to approve removal of the gland and lypo as reconstructive surgery and not cosmetic?   
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:08:25 PM by Audreyi »

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Videos worked find for me. 

This chap is obviously an alien of some sort, perhaps a Vulcan, or maybe a Martian. :o
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 Poor guy, imagine looking  down and seeing that :(

Offline outertrial

The video is really neat showing the black color streaming probably from one duct after gentle breast compression.

Sorry Dr B but No WAY I am clicking on that link.

I could never have gone into medicine.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
The video is really neat showing the black color streaming probably from one duct after gentle breast compression.

whats wrong , never seen  A1 sauce  come out of a mans  breast before?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

whats wrong , never seen  A1 sauce  come out of a mans  breast before?

;D ;D ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024