Author Topic: If you have breasts are you suppose to wear a bra?  (Read 36940 times)

Offline Del

• Bronze Member
In a Correction to my recent post my waist size is of course 36, there is no D, the D is in my bra size.

Del
Del

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member

Replying to Alchemist I wear a bra,I have to (38D UK ),waist 36 ,I feel comfortable with it but cannot hide the fact I have large breasts.I do wear dark, loose fitting shirts and get fitted properly.Swimming presents a problem.
 Del

In a Correction to my recent post my waist size is of course 36, there is no D, the D is in my bra size.

Del

Hi Del,

I was wondering what you meant by that, or if was some kind of UK sort of thing.  UK shoe sizes confuse me too.

Swimming presents a problem.

What kind of problem?  Body-shame?  Being physically attacked or groped?  Staring?  Remarks made to you or other people? 

If you have looked at my posting of growing to acceptance part 1 and 2, you will know that I have taken a different approach to the whole business.  What would Don Juan (Carlos Castaneda) do?  For that matter, consider the various portrayals of Buddha.  He often is portrayed with gynecomastia.  I believe in changing the self.  For me the first step was to get rid of the automatic response of letting xxxx, whatever it is; a look, a comment or just KNOWING how exposed one is, throw me into an unconscious victim reaction or body-shame reaction. I was a bully target from an early age; it's how my mother trained me to be.  I was a victim.  Bullies have their victim radar going all the time.  I could always spot them the same instant they spotted me.  I changed my attitudes starting at about 22 and ceased being a typical target.  I haven't been physically attacked since then.  Getting rid of body-shame made me invulnerable to peoples various responses to seeing my breasts.  Depending upon how they react and what they do will get different responses.  If they say something my response can range from ignoring them to inviting them to a nudist event, to getting pedantic on them (talking them to death works very well) to telling them my modeling fees are $100/hour or $10 per 5 minutes to take a couple of pictures or revealing their body issues to them or telling them that I'm not a "she-male" and am not at all interested in them.  Nobody at all has tried to grope me since I changed my attitude at 22 and decided that I would deck them faster than they can blink.  I came very close to decking a visitor at the nudist club who groped my partner getting out of the hot tub and in the showers.  I restrained my reaction and told him quietly what would happen if he tried that again and that I would see him kicked out then and there in the sauna with a couple of other members present.  He  started cussing at me and stormed out of the sauna.

People are going to look when they see anything unusual to them.  A pair of D or DD breasts on a guy is going to attract some attention just as if the breasts of the women were all uncovered.  Smile and don't sweat the small stuff.  What they THINK is their problem, not yours.  And besides unless they actually say or do something you won't know what they are actually thinking and likely are projecting your own fears onto them.  Breasts on a man are an instant Rorschach test and tell you everything about the person reacting and nothing about yourself, if they are actually noticed.  Good luck and have fun.  Don't let the bastards wear you down.

The best solution might be to join a nudist/naturist club if you have one nearby.  Nobody will bat an eye there.  It's a safe environment to get rid of body shame in.

Offline KitMayer12

• Posting Member
A bra is a garment to support the breasts, right? So who cares of your bazooms come from too many hormones or too many hotcakes (or both in my case) If wearing a bra is necessary, then I guess 'over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders' ain't just for women anymore! Just my $0.02 worth... :)

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
A bra is a garment to support the breasts, right? So who cares of your bazooms come from too many hormones or too many hotcakes (or both in my case) If wearing a bra is necessary, then I guess 'over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders' ain't just for women anymore! Just my $0.02 worth... :)

Hi KitMayer,

Your reply puzzles me.  Vaughanderek uses a bra on land.  However, we are talking about his unspecified problem  while swimming.  Since it can't be a support problem, it has to be a bully problem of some kind. Swimming NEVER presents a support problem.  BREASTS FLOAT no matter what pseudo nonchalant slang you choose to use.   I have never seen anybody wear a bra to swim or hot tub.  We are not talking about cause of breasts, whether hormones or fat or both is irrelevant.  So for your replies to make sense it helps to read the post and get context and even have read other posts by a person so as to know their context.

Offline KitMayer12

• Posting Member
Sorry, I didn't know the context of the topic was swimming. I, myself just wear a one-piece Speedo swimsuit when i go to the beach (I used to wear a sport bra with my swim trunks but I got too fat for that)It takes a lot of guts to change when your body changes; I support anyone here who has difficuly adapting...I had to do it too

Offline Del

• Bronze Member
 Sorry guys I've taken a while to reply. Alchemist is right about bullying,but I have got use to that over the years and come up with suitable answers.
  No the problem is with large breasts (even in a one-piece speedo I am banned from my local swimming pools which I think is very unfair to say the least. My slow response is because I have been refused again.   Del

hammer

guys, I have not posted yet or told my story cause my gyne goes way beyond general gyne. I may post my story one day, but this site has been very helpful! (thank you all) I just read this last post, It makes me very mad that someone could be banded from a pool with gyne! I loved swimming, I was a diver in the service, I taught all my kids to be great swimmers! I quit swimming in the 90's because of gyne, and now I hear this! This is so discriminating! It makes me mad as HELL!
Oh ya, a bra help support the DD's, but it took forever to accept that I need to wear one!

Offline Del

• Bronze Member
Thanks Hammer- yes and I am very mad with such people.
   Del

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Sorry guys I've taken a while to reply. Alchemist is right about bullying,but I have got use to that over the years and come up with suitable answers.
  No the problem is with large breasts (even in a one-piece speedo I am banned from my local swimming pools which I think is very unfair to say the least. My slow response is because I have been refused again.   Del

Hi Del,

I had no idea.  I have been threatened with complaints from other swimmers but it means nothing.  But they won't try that kind of discrimination even in Utah.  That would be illegal.

What country do you live in?  Is that legal?
Good luck.

Offline Del

• Bronze Member
 Hi Alchemist,
  Thanks for your reply. I live in the UK and discrimination is illelgal here but there are some parts of the country where which are irrational  of anything they don't understand.
  Del   

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Alchemist,
  Thanks for your reply. I live in the UK and discrimination is illelgal here but there are some parts of the country where which are irrational  of anything they don't understand.
  Del   

Hi Del,

Perhaps its time to have a bunch of guys with gyne all go swimming there.  Make management look ridiculous kicking people out right and left and go to the press with it.  Organize!  Demonstrate! Picket!

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Wear a t-shirt when you go to the pool.

hammer

Wear a t-shirt when you go to the pool.

That worked when I was a "B" but not a double "D" like both Del and I are!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Get real, a wet tee shirt conceals nothing.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

Get real, a wet tee shirt conceals nothing.

I guess he has never been to a wet t-shirt contest.

You are totally right Paa_Paw, but I have been working very hard to be polite and politically correct. I think I've been doing really well!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024