Author Topic: fluid build up/ returning to work after surgery....?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
hi. just had my pre-op appt today...... I will be getting unilateral gyne exiscion and lipo on 8/20. it is being done by a general cosmetic surgeon...... the doctor (not the surgeon) that did the preop with me said i should be out of work for 3 weeks following surgery. i would be checking at a grocery store. she says the repetative movements could cause a fluid build up in the surgery site and this could cause a problem....
but when i had my original consultaion with the surgeon he said i should be out of work for 7-10 days and i would be fine. (and he also knew the physical requirements of my job) I just dont really wanna have to take that much time off work... this surgery is way more important to me than that shitty job and i would quit if it came down to that but still....
what do you guys think? i guess ill just play it buy ear and see how everything is doing a week after and when i can return to work....
thanks
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
The day after I was able to throw a rock and honestly it was stupid, the way I felt after my sugery I would have only had to take 3 or 4 days off. Just play it by ear and see how you feel right after. You having unlateral so maybe you could get away with favoring the side you had done. I had bi lateral and like I said felt fine like 2 days after.

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
alright cool. ya i think her main concern was that she said a lot of repetetive movement can cause fluid build up... but ill be wearing the ace bandage thing even after i return to work... ill just see how it goes after but my hopes are to be back no later than 2 weeks

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Well I don't know how severe your case is but I avoided any heavy lifting for about 3 or 4 weeks.  And my case was pretty minor.
At the very least you'll have to be wearing your compression vest/binder if you are getting back into it after only a week...
Surgery done 18th March 2008

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024