Author Topic: Please check photos - Do I need a 3rd surgery?  (Read 9628 times)

Offline eyooh

• Bronze Member
how has things been since the surgery? do you see an improvement?

Offline johnney

• Posting Member
I haven't been able to see the results yet, but I will in about 5 hours!  I'm going to get my drains taken out and my ace wraps and foam taken off soon, and then I was gonna post some pictures so you all can see the results.  I'm pretty sure I will be happy with the results, because my chest feels tighter and smoother than it ever has.  Today should be one of the best days of my life!  I will keep you guys updated, I promise.

Offline johnney

• Posting Member
Ok, here are some pictures I took today after I showered off all the dry blood.  My chest has never felt this flat, and I really am happy with the results.  I feel more swelling in the right side, but it's obvious why.  This surgery would have cost me 2,025 total, but I didn't want local anesthesia, I wanted general, so it was 4,025.  I was told it was really a long procedure, taking three hours, due to all the scar tissue inside of me. 

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
You look great. Congrats. Can you please tell us what your Dr. did to fix this ? He did an extremely good job.

Offline johnney

• Posting Member
Thank you, it actually looks much better than these pictures now.  Every day the results are getting firmer and better, and the right side almost looks like the left now.  Both sides still hurt a bit, and I feel some scar tissue on my right still.  The doctor said my right side had no tissue under the nipple crease, it was right on the muscle.  That's what caused the crease.  He said he just grafted some tissue and filled it in. 

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
Excellent. Post some more pictures when the chest is almost healed please. Thanks.

Offline nipples

• Posting Member
I hope everyone thinking of having surgery sees this thread. It is insane. Sorry about your misfortune. We should embrace and love our breasts!

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
You need to name the doctor that performed all three surgeries. Otherwise, these posts aren't helping anyone.

Offline johnney

• Posting Member
Believe it or not, I had another revision in Feb. 2012 just on the right side, to rid of some scar tissue.  So, these pics show a left side operated last on June 2011 and a right side about 7 months post op.

I can't believe I needed 4 surgeries, but at least the last doctor was amazing and fixed all the damage the original surgeon did.

I hate to say it, but I still feel SMALL amounts of scar tissue on the right side.  However, I will never have the surgery again!  The left side has a hard scar under the nipple that is going away as well.  In my numerous experiences with this surgery, SCAR TISSUE TAKES A LONG TIME TO GO AWAY!! 

Offline Wonderman

• Posting Member
What city did you have the surgery?

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
Please excuse me - I'm sorry to give this opinion. Your before photos show a perfectly normal chest, with no breast development and normal sized nipples. Normal pecs with a slight but normal amount of breast tissue. Your pecs were not rock hard from weight lifting, but they certainly look normal in every way in your before photos. What kind of doctor would tell you you needed surgery for gynecomastia? I really think you have a legal case of malpractice, for misdiagnosing, and also for doing a bad job of surgery. I understand that most doctors are honorable, but this doctor needs to be sued so that he can never do this disfigurement to anyone else. Just my opinion.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024