Author Topic: Signs that Gynecomastia is going away?  (Read 14380 times)

Offline jahovaguy

I am currently 17, decently muscular with 11% body fat, I was overweight since the age of 10 until very recently, I've been working out solidly for 6 months and I am in the best shape of my life, but I have bad Gyne, I have decent sized pecs but I have puffy nipples that hanging off and make me super embarrassed, Because of the weight I thought my breast were fat based but when I lost it they stayed, I know I have had them for at least 2 possibly 3 years, but what I want to know is, are there any sings that would let my know if my Gyne is going away? Can anyone with experience with their gyne going away naturally share their story?           

Offline xelnaga13

I heard very few stories of gyne going away naturally. The only verifiable one ive heard was from my father. He said that his nipples puffed up during puberty but it went away on it's own. I suspect he never developed excess glandular tissue and was only dealing with puffy nipples as a result of a temporary hormonal imbalance.

Ive always wonder why we both share a genetic predisposition to gyne at puberty but his went away and mine stayed. Its part of the reason why i support the belief that some gyne is environmental and/or dietary along with genetics.

Some personal factors that may have contributed to my case: Body fat 18-20 percent during critical points in puberty, starting puberty at age 8, strange eating habits ( sometimes consuming a single food sources for months of end, could be an egg sandwhich or popcorn etc), excessive consumption of caffeinated sodas ( sometimes 14 in one day).

Offline fsugrad

• Posting Member
I heard very few stories of gyne going away naturally. The only verifiable one ive heard was from my father. He said that his nipples puffed up during puberty but it went away on it's own. I suspect he never developed excess glandular tissue and was only dealing with puffy nipples as a result of a temporary hormonal imbalance.

Ive always wonder why we both share a genetic predisposition to gyne at puberty but his went away and mine stayed. Its part of the reason why i support the belief that some gyne is environmental and/or dietary along with genetics.

Some personal factors that may have contributed to my case: Body fat 18-20 percent during critical points in puberty, starting puberty at age 8, strange eating habits ( sometimes consuming a single food sources for months of end, could be an egg sandwhich or popcorn etc), excessive consumption of caffeinated sodas ( sometimes 14 in one day).

Xelnega13,

Does caffeine contribute to gyno?

Thanks

Offline xelnaga13

Xelnega13,

Thanks

Not directly. Caffeine can slow down your livers ability to clear excess hormones such as estrogen. To what degree I am not sure.

Soda cans can contain BPA (bisphenol-A, a chemical hormone disruptor) which is much more likely to impact gyne than the caffeine. 

Additionally, my consumption of 10-20 sodas a day must have had systemic negative effects.

In my opinion these items would probabily have nominal impact on a grow male, but may disrupt a developing endocrine system.

Something changed between my dad's generation and my own. New studies show the average male penile length is getting shorter and gyne is becoming more and more common.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I signed in here in November of 2004 having previously been lurking for some time. There have been 151,194 Posts in 22,583 topics by 18,660 members in that 8 years. I do not recall a single credible story of established gynecomastia that went away. There have been cases where an offending medication caused swelling and tenderness of the breast which subsided over time when the medication was withdrawn. Not a single case where Gynecomastia that had been stabilized for a year or more that simply went away.
Grandpa Dan

Offline fsugrad

• Posting Member

Xelnega13,

Thanks

Not directly. Caffeine can slow down your livers ability to clear excess hormones such as estrogen. To what degree I am not sure.

Soda cans can contain BPA (bisphenol-A, a chemical hormone disruptor) which is much more likely to impact gyne than the caffeine. 

Additionally, my consumption of 10-20 sodas a day must have had systemic negative effects.

In my opinion these items would probabily have nominal impact on a grow male, but may disrupt a developing endocrine system.

Something changed between my dad's generation and my own. New studies show the average male penile length is getting shorter and gyne is becoming more and more common.

Thanks alot. Not to steal this thread but my gyno started two years ago at age 38.  I experienced alot of pain and sensitivity.  I first tried tamoxifen for 6 months and that helped with the pain but did not halt the gland growth.  In the end I went on TRT combined with an aromatase inhibitor.  At various times I have quit everything in hopes that all of my efforts to help were in fact making things worse.  That was not the case.

In retrospect in terms of helping with pain and sensitivity the worse thing for me to do was nothing, the next was taking a serm like tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor by itself, the best thing has been TRT combined with an AI.  However, even this has not reversed gland growth and I still continue to have periods of pain and sensitivity, just not as bad or as often. Just a note when I had my initial hormone panel my Total T level as mid-normal as was estrogen. However my free and bio T were both low-normal due to my high SHBG level.

Offline rfg6523

Interesting. I guess I was the typical chubby kid when mine developed. Overweight, ate a lot of sugar and drank soda, etc. I didn't do the extreme stuff like single food sources and 14 sodas in a day, but I wouldn't be surprised if my lifestyle contributed. I have noticed that my cousin has it, he is currently 13 and is a typical chubby kid. But I also see posts on here from people who were in great shape when it formed on them so I don't know.

I am actually quite disappointed in my parents for enabling such an unhealthy lifestyle for a kid to grow up in. I know I should harbour some of the blame, but you don't really understand diet when you are a kid. If I ever have a child, I will be strict as hell with their diet. No soda ever, no sugar substitutes, no candy, ice cream, cookies, no macaroni and cheese 4 times a week, etc. I don't care about disappointing them when they're ten vs setting the stage for a healthier lifestyle.

As far as going away, I remember reading that it might and then at some point in my early 20s I realized that the window for them going away was long gone.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024