Author Topic: Newfoundland!?  (Read 2664 times)

Offline isaac

Hey. I'm all the way in Newfoundland, and I've had Gyne since I puberty. I don't have an extreme case, But it is noticeable since I am fairly skinny and slim. I have mostly Gland.   Anyone have any advice about what to do.

Anyone here from newfoundland?

Any gyne victims in Newfoundland?

I was thinking about contacting Fielding and getting this taken care of. but it seems the wait is very long.

isaac

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
You should check for any local PS and consult them.

Offline babble

• Posting Member
Hey,
go see your physician, try to get a referral to a PS.  There are a few good PS's in St. John's who'll do what they can for you.   Some of the more conservative physicians may not want to refer you.  If not, just keep looking around until you find someone who will.  You'll get in sooner or later.  

I'm not sure if you'll have to pay, I know that people have gotten MCP to cover it in the past, so just be persistant.  

You'll have to wait a while to get in, and then again on the surgery waiting list.  It's worth the wait.

If you you'd like me to reccomend a PS, just send me a personal message.

All the best.

Offline nmb232

I've been lurking on these boards for a while, but never posted before. I'm from Newfoundland and just had surgery 11 days ago with Dr. Kreidstein in Toronto.

I'm planning on posting some pics in the near future, but the digital cam suffered an accident about a month back, and it still hasn't been repaired.

I went to my GP in Newfoundland last fall, and he recommended a local PS. Unfortunately, the soonest I could get a consultation was February 2007, and instead booked a consultation with a doctor at the local hospital for March.

About a week before the consultation date, the hospital staff contacted me to tell me that I'd need to reschedule my appointment because the doc is going on holidays. The only date they could give me before mid-December 2006 was right in the middle of a vacation I had planned with my girlfriend. I had been looking forward to actually being able to go to the beach and swimming topless this summer, so I started looking for alternatives.

My condition was mostly glandular, so I wanted a doc that would do excision and not just lipo. I contacted Dr. Fielding's office, but the soonest I could get an appointment was the end of the summer.  I eventually found a website for Dr. Michael Kreidstein (http://www.drkreidstein.com/) and contacted him for some information.

I found Dr. Kreidstein extremely friendly and helpful, and he seemed genuinely concerned that I understood the procedure before undertaking it. I booked the consultation on a Tuesday and surgery two days later on Thursday.

It cost approximately $3000.00, plus my travel expenses, but at 11 days post-op (excision + lipo), I've got to say that it was worth every penny. There was a hotel nearby (http://www.willowdaleinn.com/) with a discounted rate for Dr. Kreidstein's patients. It was very comfortable and had an excellent breakfast. Unfortunately, you couldn't rent movies on the TV so I was forced to do some work-related reading :P

Dr. Kreidstein also gave me one of those ab-compression wraps that Grampa Bambu mentioned in a different post. I cut two semi-circles under the arms to make it a bit more comfortable, and haven't had any problems with it.

If you're in the Toronto area, or can afford to travel, I recommend contacting him. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post in the near future!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024