Author Topic: Day 3 post-op.. Alittle horrified  (Read 9852 times)

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 your PS is not doing enough,  you  need much more  medical care then you are getting. You could get infection and be dead in 2 days. This is crazy

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Matthew, that's a bit extreme. Don't think there's any need to go there.
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
Not heard from you in a while Wondering, hope your getting better!

Offline wondering141

• Posting Member
 Hey everyone, been busy but I wanted you guys to know things are getting better. No infection, thank the above, and I am alive and well.

I guess we were right in it being something worse than what they expected, yet it was still a thing my surgeon has delt with many times before. The swelling was caused by an ~broken blood vassal?

I went back to the surgeons office last week after almost a week of that pain from before. A routine drainage and checkup I thought it would be.. I thought wrong! He did a normal drainage, said there were allot of clots, lots blood. The nurse was there, my chest looked big and awful. Supposedly all was well and done, the swelling went down. He left the room for me to rest for 15 minutes. 5 minutes after he left, I felt the swelling in the right side again and this time the pain was a constant discomfort. I looked down and my chest had swelled back up unbelievably. The nurse came in and I grumbled I was in pain, I couldn't even hold a conversation, I was just groaning in pain. Doctor came back and was surprised at the situation at first. Said whats wrong all casual. Nurse explained I was in great pain.

So he preps the other room for surgery. Ohhh shit. We go in and he explains I have a broken vassal, blood clot, ect. I have to sign papers quickly while laying down over the surgeons table and im just hurting bad. Just pain from that point on, the nurse gave me one Tylenol '3' before hand which didn't do jack. They strapped the IV on me and pumped sugar and that into my blood for 'breakfast' they said. over 2 hours.. He had me in there. In pain. He stuck a camera in there to see, I seen out of the corner of my eye him pulling my chest in every direction. This was all necessary for him to find the problem. He eventually got it, and coagulated the broken vassal. I'm just so glad I don't have to go through this anymore guys.. My legs, whole body was shaking and twitching from cold and pain while this was happening. Holy crap, im thankful it's done..

When we left, thankfully my friend drove me there again, because I was in no condition too. The nurse decided to roll me out in the wheel chair again as I was getting off the table. Alittle light headed it seemed, though I thought I would be fine. As we were leaving, I remember seeing all white, and they had to wake me up in the elevator. I fell unconciance in the chair, and gave my friend a  good scare. He said my head was rolled to the side and my eyes were wide open. Nurse explained it was from the lack of food after taking the Tylenol and thats why they pumped some sugar in my blood, wasn't enough.

But the swellings down.. Had acouple more problems in the upcoming weeks. I thought my stitches had came undone at one point, I thought my nipple was dead after the last surgery! I couldn't see it and called days after worried. But the day I went back to the ps, I noticed pink finally around my areola so all is well there. Looking allot better.

Now the only thing to worry about is scarrs.. He said it was unfortunate what happend, and the scarring might happen on the right side. But he assured his revisions are free, and he is gonna do his best to help me. As of now, there is just scabs, but I think its looking 10x better than what it did before, scars are the last thing on my mind honestly. We will see what happens.

Thanks for the support everyone. If all goes well I will post more post-op pictures 1 month after my first surgery.

Offline kingboob

That sounds horrifying............ I am pretty stunned right now.......  The pictures that were up at the start of this topic were also extremely nasty (any chance of a repost?),   personally I am not sure I could trust someone a second time, but if you are happy to get revisions then I am sure things can be improved.

Glad to hear you are OK though...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024