Author Topic: Shapewear  (Read 5552 times)

Offline SideSet

I like Spanx. I have several. I have higher power, on core, and braleluleh. Such names 😘

Busty, you get anything?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 03:32:21 AM by SideSet »

Offline Busty

Speaking of funny names, I ended up getting Thinstincts ;)

She showed me the tank and bodysuit, pointing out the “smoosh-free” bust, which she noted was non-compressive and good for any breast size.  I asked why she asked my bra size then? She said to let me know I should be looking at women’s, not men’s Spanx.  She then showed me the girl shorts, which she said should fit me better than the men’s boxers I had just returned.

She asked if I would like to try on.  She said I would need to leave on my panties to try on, but should try with and without my bra.  She said they were made to give you the option of single layer wearing.

She said I could choose between spaghetti or wider straps, and thought I might prefer wider, as spaghetti were a bit more feminine.  She also said I would have no bra or panty lines with my Spanx shapers.  With the bodysuit, she pointed out the hook and eye gusset for when “nature calls,” but said candidly it is still not that convenient, saying something I did not quite catch about “sitting,” but which I later realized implied she assumed I sat to pee.  I was also later thinking she had automatically assumed I wore panties, which I, in fact, do.   

She was very nice, helpful, and non judgmental. And I may add, a very good saleswoman who knew her products and what would work best for my shape. 

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 05:31:16 AM by bustymale »

Offline SideSet

So, did you?  Try on, that is.

Offline Busty

It does seem to hide bra lines.  Everything is hot in summer 🥵 

aboywithgirls

It May not apply for most men here but I usually go with a WYOB or wear your own bra style. It definitely helps hide my bra lines on my back because they come up over my bra. On the front, they lay just below my underwire. They really help smooth things out.

Offline SideSet

I second the WYOB shapers 

aboywithgirls

There are a few companies out there that do make shapewear that fits my bust but, they are soooo expensive! I wear one every day for work and even wearing one that frequently I can't justify the expense.

🥰Sophie

Offline gotgyne

That`s interesting. I started with panty girdles and corselettes (all in ones) long before I wore bras, since I had a bad back for decades. A physiotherapist which I visited for a cyriax therapy (to stabilize my soft connective tissue) told me that I was the first male client with such a weak connective tissue. She strongly advised against heavy exercise at the gym with machines and suggested that I wear a panty girdle or even better an all in one every day to stabilize my back. At that time I was in my thirties and my wife who was tired of my laments because of my back pain was more than eager to accompany myself to the lingerie departments. The classic girdles with firm support were still available widely, so I bought some panty girdles and corselettes (short leg, long leg and open bottom). I've worn the short leg and open bottom corselettes for years, even during our several vacations in Spain, so the summer heat does not hinder me. My soft tissue also led to extended varicose veins on my legs and I get medical compression pantyhose on prescription every six months. Pantyhose under a panty girdle is an advantage since it stops the slipping of the hose. But with the corselettes I switched to stockings which I fastened with the garters. In my opinion an open bottom corselette with stockings is much better to wear during the hot summer months as pantyhose and panty girdle. I had no gynecomastia then, so the cups of the corselettes had to be sewn flat. The onset was in my early forties as a result of my meds against high blood pressure (spironolactone). At the age of 45 I had a size 40A and the cups of the corselettes with size 40B (40A was not available) were a little too wide. But the growth of my breasts continued and only two years later I filled them out completely. Fortunately my lower back became better and I could omit the corselettes and panty girdles for longer periods. Then I started to wear bras and compression pantyhose with a kind of control top. But till this day I only wear bras with at least three rows of hooks, sometimes even four or five rows at the back because of the support. At the moment my bra size is 40B or 40C, depending on the bra. If my back pain returns I switch from a bra to a corselette again.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline SideSet

What did your wife think of you in all styles of girdles and garters and stockings and pantyhose.  Did she suggest panties?

What does your wife think of you filling a B or C cup bra now ?

Offline gotgyne

What did your wife think of you in all styles of girdles and garters and stockings and pantyhose.  Did she suggest panties?

What does your wife think of you filling a B or C cup bra now ?
I have never worn panties and she didn`t suggest them. I've always worn a panty girdle or panty corselette without any underwear. In the rare cases during summer without shorts I use my male underwear and knee high compression stockings. Pantyhose and thigh high stockings are much too hot under jeans or slacks. With an open bottom corselette I wear my male underwear and stockings. Meanwhile since my back had stabilized (a physician once told me that with age the spine gets less flexible which decreases backpain. Obviously he was right, since I have to wear a panty girdle or corselette only once in a while) I only wear a bra. But this is a completely different thing for my wife. The compression stockings and pantyhose and the girdles and corselettes have for her a medical function, since they help with my legs and backpain. But she looks upon a bra as a garment solely for women. And my breasts with cup B or C are in her opinion not such big that a bra is necessary. So I don't put on and off the bra in her presence.

Edit: Sideset, I just noticed your photo in the thread "Pandemic Weight Gain". I've had the same problems and gained about 13 pounds. My breasts are smaller but my belly and my thighs are similar to yours. I know that shapewear improves not only my posture but supports and holds in my belly very effective. But as the problems with my back decreased I stopped wearing shapewear. Every time I omitted shapewear for some days or even just a weekend it was difficult for me to start again. Meanwhile I didn`t wear a panty girdle or corselette for months and I know that it will be very difficult to start again. There are so many women who could benefit a lot from shapewear but especially the chubby women don't seem to use shapewear while the slender ones do. The same with me as a man. I've got lazy. Sometimes I think I should have continued wearing shapewear although my back improved. Another advantage is that my wife has no problems if I wear an AIO but doesn't like that I wear bras. The U-shaped back of a corselette is not such a telltale sign as the back of a bra. Even in summer with my AIO under a t-shirt, although the straps and the back were visible I never got any problems with other people.

John
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 08:25:27 AM by gotgyne »

Offline SideSet

Thanks for the comprehensive reply.  I guess you now buy your AIO’s according to bra size and no more flattening the bra cups, but filling them instead with your breasts.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:27:33 AM by SideSet »

Offline gotgyne

Thanks for the comprehensive reply.  I guess you now but your AIO’s according to bra size and no more flattening the bra cups, but filling them instead with your breasts.
You're right. So it is.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024