Author Topic: Post surgery thoughts/concerns with pictures - looking for opinions  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Skrilex

Greetings, been lurking on this board for years and years. I'll save the long version of my own backstory and say that I've had gyno since hitting puberty at 12-14 yrsold. Suffered for so long, missed out on so much, etc. etc. I'm 22 now and decided to get the surgery ($6,200 for everything). I am 7 days post op, typing this up in a tight ass compression vest.
The pics are below (hopefully they work, put them on photobucket), but i wanted to voice my thoughts on the whole thing, and hopefully get some feedback from you guys as to what you think. I know, i know, i just had the surgery done exactly a week ago, and its faarrr to early to truly judge results. But with what i see now, I have a lot of mixed thoughts.
I will say its a definite improvement. I feel a lot more comfortable in t shirts now, and while i think i would feel a bit strange at first, i could start hitting the beaches and pools again. Unfortunately i dont have pics from before, the doc has those, but i had a decent amount of adipose and what i considered to be good sized lumps/glands/hard masses. Since i was 16, i always hit the weights and stayed active, and barely missed weeks without workouts to this day. Not gloating in the least bit, but i think i've developed some pretty large pec muscles from consistent bench pressing, so i knew going into the surgery that i wasnt going to come out totally flat chested. But as you can see from the pics, i still feel like i have some lingering gyno left.
So i present a few questions to you guys. First off, what are your impressions of the outcome (again i know difficult without the before pics), And in relation to swelling, how much improvement is seen throughout the next few months of recovery? Will i really notice some changes or is what i see now a pretty good representation of what it will be like?
I will say thanks to everyone who comments on this board, especially those who stick around post surgery. This place has provided me with alot of info over the years and let me know im not the only dude who has suffered so much from this.

Offline eyooh

• Bronze Member

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Not sure what eyooh's talking about, but it looks pretty good to me.  You're only 7 days post op so you should expect to see a lot of swelling for a while before you can make any sort of judgement.  Keep the compression vest on as much as possible. 

Swelling is very individual. I didn't swell much at all, but Shaker did and the improvement he saw from 1 week post op to 3 weeks post op was quite impressive.  Others take many more weeks and months for all of the swelling to reduce. 

I wouldn't judge anything at all yet and just keep ticking the days on the calendar until you can make a better evaluation of the improvement.  It's okay to watch and notice changes (decrease or increase in swelling), just don't be overly critical of the result.

Congrats on the surgery!

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Yaa as waves said take it easy.. dont sweat it.. i am still wondering how my 3 week post op chest looks so changed... its like gyne is not there.. but ofcourse the doctor left some fat as they are suppose to else causes muscle sticking to skin problems and craters and what not !!

If i were you i would wait it out.. see my post op few days and 3 weeks later pics you will see what waves was talking about.

PS waves dude sitting down however sitting doesnt look too good :( ...and am able to life my arms bit higher in air now :p. not perfectly vertical though ..

Offline Skrilex

Waves: thats good advice, no point in dwelling on it. But with not much else to do as i take time to recover from surgery, hard not to ye know?

Shaker: your pics look great man, congrats on everything.

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Waves: thats good advice, no point in dwelling on it. But with not much else to do as i take time to recover from surgery, hard not to ye know?

Shaker: your pics look great man, congrats on everything.

tks, but its not over for me yet dude... i have so much bruising i swear i cannot possibly believe and its start to give me discomfort an pain since some of my skin is loosing its numbness very gradually.. I cannot imagine how much pain i would have endure next few months.

As per your case dude... took me atleast 2 weeks minimum to get any sort of swelling disappear... 3 weeks now and it has become better for me so yaa recovery can take as long as it takes depending on individuals basically. So hang in there and wait for atleast a month to pass to pass any judgments.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
tks, but its not over for me yet dude... i have so much bruising i swear i cannot possibly believe and its start to give me discomfort an pain since some of my skin is loosing its numbness very gradually.. I cannot imagine how much pain i would have endure next few months.

As per your case dude... took me atleast 2 weeks minimum to get any sort of swelling disappear... 3 weeks now and it has become better for me so yaa recovery can take as long as it takes depending on individuals basically. So hang in there and wait for atleast a month to pass to pass any judgments.

Hey Shaker,

Do you think any of your bruising might be related to the massaging? 

Offline shaker

• Silver Member

Hey Shaker,

Do you think any of your bruising might be related to the massaging? 

Could be because by evening i notice bit of swelling i wake up in morning however with almost flat chest !!  But dr said to massage so i do it but not too vigorously  (hurts like hell) just ever so lightly

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Skrilex,

I see no fat on your chest at all.  You're right, it's difficult to evaluate the result of your surgery without the "before" pics, but you don't appear to have any gland tissue present.  You have very bulky pec muscles and very little body fat.  And you're only one week postop.  You should do fine.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024