Author Topic: Need some information  (Read 10473 times)

Offline TigerPaws

Gentlemen,
I have been asked if as many of you as possible would either respond in this thread or if you feel more comfortable send me a private message regarding your under bust chest size (in inches, no rounding required just your actual measurement). Plus your bust size as measured by leaning forward (if you are able to) and measuring across your back and over the center of your breasts without compressing the fabric tape measure more that 1/4" against your breasts.
Then measure around your chest while standing as you would normally again please do not compress your breasts more than 1/4".
Additionally while standing normally measure the distance between your nipples (sorry you will likely need help with this).

And finally if you normally wear a light control (not compression) thin fabric (not with any kind of padding) bra similar to a leisure or comfort sleep style please make the same around the breast measurement. If you know what cup size you normally wear that would be helpful as well.
The Reason: On of the Ladies I have been dating for a while owns a very successful women's clothing and lingerie company in Eastern Europe and she believes there is a market for a line of various types and styles of bra's (they will not be called that, but the name is currently classified) made exclusively for men. She has been using me as a proof of concept model but is in need of additional information in order to begin having her staff come up with several workable designs and prototypes.
Please the more of you who can provide as much of the requested information as possible the better, she needs as big of a cross section of me as possible, the more the better. She plans on making a waist to neck life like mannequin which can be easily reconfigured for different men's sizes and shapes in order for her design staff to refine the designs.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hello my measurements are 48' band and 54' across the nipple line bending forward across the nipples is 6o' I mostly wear a hanes cupped racerback sports bra in a 2X.

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
Band 39
Cup Standing 42
Cup Bending 43
Distance Between 12
Hope this helps

Offline TigerPaws

Gentlemen, Thank you for your input. We need as many samples as possible, right now we have 3; 10 or more would be a fairly representative sample my Lady tells me.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Here we go:
WITHOUT A BRA
Under bust - 46; Bust standing - 48; Bust leaning - 49.25
WITH A BRA (Fruit of the Loom stretch cup underwire in 40C with extender)
Bust standing - 47.5; Bust leaning - 48.5
After a LOT of trial and error and returning a LOT of bras (thankfully, Herroom and Amazon have  VERY good return policies) I'm finding that I have to drop down to a 40 B or sometimes C and use an extender in order for the cups to not be too deep for me to fill.  Occasionally I can find a 44A that fits.  I have not yet gone for a professional fitting, but it is something I want to do in the near future.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
I forgot one measurement.  I'm 11 inches from nipple to nipple.

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
Band: 38
Cup Standing: 43.5
Cup Bending: 44
Distance Between nipples: 10

Offline Samael

• Posting Member
Currently wearing a 42D(UK), calculators say I should be a 42FF(UK)but I am no where near filling out that cup size, I'm just starting to fill out a D as my body is becoming used to wearing the support.
Tight Band: 41.5
Snug band: 43
Standing: 49.5
Leaning: 50
Nipple to nipple is 11"

Offline littleguy

• Posting Member
Band 38
standing 42
bending 42.5
between nipples 9.5

Offline littes

• Posting Member
Here's mine:
Band: 40
Bust standing: 48
Bust leaning: 50
Between nipples: 11

Almost same numbers with bra (usually 40C or D).

Maxx

Here ya go...
Under: 43
Standing: 51
Leaning: 52
Between: 11.5
I do not wear a bra. I have no idea what size to get even if I wanted to try. I am too embarrassed, although I suspect I might be more comfortable if I did wear one. Tried compression t-shirts. They are just too hot.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Band: 44, Breasts standing: 47, Breasts leaning: 48 1/2, Nipple to nipple: 11 1/2, Cup size: B/C.
Most comfortable bra is a leisure bra and the measurement goes out to 50 (it picks up a bit and gathers a bit as well).

hammer

Band 46
Around breast 59
Between nipples 11
Cup H
Sorry no bending due to my back.
Type bra, manufacturer is washed out of tag but I have multiple like the black one I'm pictured in on the forum.

Offline TigerPaws

Gentlemen, my Lady says thank you and to anyone else who can contribute, your input and size is most welcome.

A little early feed back from the 3D computer models I have put together with what we have and why women's bras are a poor compromise for men.

The distance between the center-line of our breasts is far more than a woman's.

Our chests are generally larger in diameter for our given weight (fat women still have close set breasts)

We do not have a taper to our torso from our shoulders to our waist.

We have a distended belly which starts about an inch from the inframammary fold (the fold between the breast and the chest), again we do not have a downward taper (think hourglass figure).

We have more breast tissue under the arm.

Men are interested in concealment and comfort not appearance (these are not mutually exclusive). 

Back closure is marginally acceptable and pull over styles work but are uncomfortable and in many cases painful to put on and take off. 

That leaves only front closing via clasps, snaps, buttons, sippers or a combination of those (sorry gentlemen Velcro is not an option)

The next is basic construction and materials, that is going to good old fashioned trial and error to see what works best for what style, and what is comfortable as well a serving a distinct purpose (form follows function).

Shoulder straps will be wide, adjustable and long enough unlike a woman's bra and will stay in place (through proper design) and not slide down the slope of a man's shoulders.
Yes there will be several styles and choices of fabrics but likely most will be front closure (unless the marketplace demands something else).

Colors will be white, black and nude. I do not believe anyone is interested in lace and patterns? (OK maybe camo but that is not very likely).

First prototypes should be sometime in October/November, product announcement and advertising to begin January 2016, first shipments, mid to late January 2016.

There are a number of design differences which are becoming evident beyond what you might think but right now those are classified until the patents have been applied for. 

What I can tell you is that the basic design resembles a bra in general shape only, there will be many distinct differences which will be readily apparent.  

Offline TigerPaws

Band 46
Around breast 59
Between nipples 11
Cup H
Sorry no bending due to my back.
Type bra, manufacturer is washed out of tag but I have multiple like the black one I'm pictured in on the forum.
hammer, I am not sure if we could make something that BIG! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024