Author Topic: How long should wear the vest?  (Read 8180 times)

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
How long should wear the vest?

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
i wore it for 3.. i think i should have worn it for 6 in hindsight.

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
why? whats the diff?

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
why? whats the diff?
Significantly less swelling and scar tissue...

Wear it for 6 weeks dude.

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
my plan is day time no vest, night time vest post op  thrd week, what do u think?

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I have had this done twice and I would suggest wearing it day and night for 4-5 weeks. I actually think that it is easier to sleep without it than in the day time. One you are asleep and two you need less support.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I wore mine for 6 days.

My surgeon stated that after 10 days its not having any effect.

Maybe if your case is major and you had a lot of fat removed, skin removed? it may be necessary for longer.

Many people go for the two week option, some ween themselves off the vest by wearing it at night only after a set period of time.

There is no exact answer to this question, ask your surgeon and do what feels right for you.
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I have had this done twice and I would suggest wearing it day and night for 4-5 weeks.
I agree. Don't take any chances.

Offline x1weak

• Posting Member
I see my surgeon on June 10th and thats when I think I can stop wearing it....(between 5-6 weeks)

I really hate wearing it, but when I have it off it kinda feels weird

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I really hate wearing it, but when I have it off it kinda feels weird
You'll get used to it don't worry. I also found it very annoying during the first 2 weeks...

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
Did u guys experience scar tissue and some thing like Fuild beside nipples area? how u deal with it?

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I am 5 weeks post-op and I have no significant, but some, swelling or scar tissue. I massaged the area 3 times a day for 5 minutes with Arnica Gel.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
i got this from google, it says  vest is only effective for 7 days
This page is about the only one I've seen about post-GRS. There is not a lot of info out there about these garments.  Like a lot of other related issues, the outcome varies from one PS to another.

But read some threads in the post-op forums. You'll see that people who don't wear the vest for long end up with scar tissue and swelling that make them think their gyne is back.

Nothing like that for me.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
I wore the stage 1 for 3 weeks and I'm still wearing the stage 2 almost 24/7 (I'm in week 11).  I plan on wearing the stage 2 until week 13 (that will be the 3 month mark).  It's not that big a deal to wear the stage 2 vest and I think it really helps with both the swelling and the healing.  I think there are many people who don't take this seriously enough and then they come here to complain about all the problems they are having with the surgery.  Well frankly, if you do enough research, pick a good surgeon, follow directions and take extra precautions, you'll have a highly likelihood of getting a good result.  If you are sloppy and cut corners, well, you could luck out, but you'll only have yourself to blame if it doesn't work out the way you wanted.  Just my two cents. 

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
It's not that big a deal to wear the stage 2 vest and I think it really helps with both the swelling and the healing. 
What is the difference between your stage 1 and 2 vests ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024