Author Topic: Ultrasonic Liposuction  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Pulsar

Hello all! I've had a consultation already with a plastic surgeon and am looking into have Ultrasonic Liposuction on the 19th of this month for my Gynecomastia. The surgeon said it will remove both breast tissue and fat and that there is no hard lumps under my nipples..just decent amount of soft breast tissue and fat. He said it will remove breast tissue but after so much googling on the topic it seems it don't really work? I keep reading direct excision is the best route? Is this true?

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Your readings are correct! Search this forum and you will read that plenty of these EXPERIENCED gyno surgeon do not recommend lipo only. Lipo can not removed glandular tissue. Please do your research so you can get this right the first time and not the second like I did.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Beware of surgeons who promise treatment of gyne with ultrasonic lipo.

First, ultrasonic lipo has had its day and is now fading from the repertoire of most plastic surgeons.  Reason?  Potential skin burns and unremitting pain in some cases.  Ultrasonic lipo was also initially touted because it in fact did not injure (or remove) breast tissue -- only fat.  Now your surgeon is claiming that it will remove both fat and breast tissue.  You can't have it both ways!

For most men, lipo (of some type) plus excision will yield the best results for gyne.  Make sure you speak earnestly with your surgeon and make sure that both of you agree that if the results are not satisfactory, then a revision at minimal cost would occur.

Best, though, would be to get a second opinion from an experienced gyne surgeon.  It is certainly better to perhaps pay a bit more or to travel for the expertise than to have a disappointment from one operation and face a revision procedure as well.  Revision procedures are always a "catch-up" and never quite as good as getting it right the first time.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024