Author Topic: Fielding Surgery May 27th  (Read 2945 times)

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
I had my operation with Dr. Fielding on May 27th. i got my bandages taken off yesterday and got my first look at my chest. i have to say that so far iam 100% satisfied. i had a pretty severe case for my body weight and he took it all out, and i now have a flat chest. it's still a little sore and has a lot of bruising. I couldn't notice any swelling but when the doctor saw my chest he said right away that it has some swelling and it will look even better in time.

My experience was very similar to everyone else who has posted about Fielding. my initial meeting with him was brief - he didn't ask for bloodwork, didn't show me before and after photos, just took a quick look at my chest and confirmed what i already knew, that i would be a good candidate for the operation. i booked my surgery date for the end of June as that was his first available opening but later called to see if there had been any cancellations and there was, so i ended up having my operation about 4 weeks after my initial phone call to book my first meeting, quicker then most people. my pre surgery meeting with him was just a formality to sign paper work he didn't say much. day of the surgery at st. joseph's was really simple. fielding came into the operating room and drew some circles on my chest, he then asked me if i thought that looked okay? i was about to crap myself at the thought of this whole thing so i didn't offer an opinion, but i guess the question was probably rhetorical? after i woke up, i waited around for the doctor but he didn't show up. yesterday when i saw him he took off the bandages quickly with a medical student present, asked me how i was feeling then told me to come see him again if i want in 3 months. he did mention that he came to see me after the operation but i was still asleep.

He is a really nice doctor but doesn't spend a lot of time explaining stuff to you, which is fine with me thanks to reading other peoples experiences on this site. his work turned out to be first class in my opinion which is all i care about.

My Scars still have pieces of tape on them but they look really small, the cuts around my nipples were so small he said he didn't even use any stitches. my nipples also shrunk down considerably. looks awesome.

as far as doing the operation without telling anyone and when you can return to work - i would say your way better off having someone with you for the first few days as your mobility is really limited and you don't want to be moving around at all and messing up your chest. i returned to work on Monday - 5 days after my operation but my job is at a desk, i can still only move my arms about 65-75% of my normal range.

2 more weeks for me of wearing my dirty bloody vest - then iam a free man! so far, 1 week post op i would 100% recommend this doctor, i will post again if i have any concerns at all with my chest. if you have any questions for me send me a message or post on this thread, i generally read the Canada page every day!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats dude.... ;)

Welcome to the 'Other Side'....

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline chaps69

• Posting Member
Be sure to post some pics...

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Most people leave the forums once they are finished their surgeries. Make sure to come back to provide tips to the rest!

Pictures would be great.

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
Im 15 days post op today and feeling good. still tight to stretch my arms out over my head. the vest has become very uncomfortable (irritating my skin is all) and i got 6 days/nights left with it on. one side was a little swollen for a few days but it's gone back down. i still got the tape covering the incisions and the lipo entry point, i figure it will come off in a few more days. hard tissue is on my right side, i'm guessing scar tissue..but it really is rock hard. I'm not confident that i will be able to return to the gym/sports life at the 3 week point, i just don't think i will be healed enough in the next 6 days for that. BUT most importantly, my chest is LOOKING really damn good, it's still FLAT and if it never changed from this point i would be 100% happy (without the bruising that is still there of course).
PICS - you know what, i wasn't going to post any, but i will see what i can do.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
BUT most importantly, my chest is LOOKING really damn good, it's still FLAT and if it never changed from this point i would be 100% happy.

Right on dude...  Awesome!!!

PICS - you know what, i wasn't going to post any, but i will see what i can do.

Cool....  thanks for sharing!

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024