Author Topic: Liposuction  (Read 5941 times)

Offline Email

• Posting Member
Hi,

My gynecomastia wasn't severe. I had a liposuction on Wednesday, but now I'm kinda depressed since I've read liposuction alone wont be enough. That's what my consultant told me, and he said if I wasn't happy with the results then I can get excision. I just wanted to know is there anyone in here with a not too mild and not severe gynecomastia case who has had liposuction and is happy with it? I can't tell how I look myself as I'm still recovering and I have bandages and a vest on.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I had lipo on the eighth of August and am not very happy with the results. My left breast looks okay but my right ( which was bigger to begin with) breast is still big. It is still swollen but i am pretty sure i will have to go back. It sucks because my surgeon said he would probably be doing both and now i will have to pay the operating room fee of $1,000 to have the revision. I believe this was my surgeons plan to begin with. Very unethical if you ask me. Good luck, keep me informed

GynO_DuDe

Guys, I had both Lipo and Gland excision but last week I thought im going to need revision ... im now 16 days post op and I can honestly say I wont be needing revision as every day pass's my chest seems to be getting better.

So the moral of what im trying to say is ... give it time. The body takes time to heal.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
you should demand the excision, its ur money ur the costumer
I AM GOING TO AND IF HE REFUSES I WILL PAY AND THEN AFTER IT;S OVER I AM GOING TO GIVE HIM THE CHOICE OF GIVING ME THE MONEY BACK OR I WILL TELL MY STORY ON EVERY PLASTIC SURGERY SITE I CAN FIND, I WILL TELL THE TRUTH AND LET  PATIENTS MAKE THE CHOICE.

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
I AM GOING TO AND IF HE REFUSES I WILL PAY AND THEN AFTER IT;S OVER I AM GOING TO GIVE HIM THE CHOICE OF GIVING ME THE MONEY BACK OR I WILL TELL MY STORY ON EVERY PLASTIC SURGERY SITE I CAN FIND, I WILL TELL THE TRUTH AND LET  PATIENTS MAKE THE CHOICE.

Wait, so you're going to sign a consent form for a revision (most likely you will), get surgery, and THEN ask for your money back afterwards? That's not going to work, man.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 08:25:40 PM by Don Won I »

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member

Wait, so you're going to sign a consent form for a revision (most likely you will), get surgery, and THEN ask for your money back afterwards? That's not going to work, man.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I HAD TO SIGN A FORM THE DAY OF SURGERY SAYING THAT IF I NEEDED A REVISON I WOULD PAY THE OPERATING ROOM FEE ONLY. THIS WAS BULLSHIT BECAUSE HE DID THE SURGERY IN HIS OFFICE. I THINK THIS IS THIS PARTICULAR DOCTORS WAY OF SCREWING PATIENTS OUT OF ANOTHER THOUSAND DOLLARS. MY PLAN MAY NOT WORK BUT IT WILL COST HIM MORE IN THE LONG RUN. IF EVEN ONE PATIENT DECIDES NOT TO USE HIM BECAUSE OF MY POST THAN IT WILL BE WOTH IT TO ME AND I WILL CONTINUE TO POST IN EVERY BOARD I CAN FIND AND I WILL LET HIM KNOW IT. I WILL TELL HIM THIS AFTER THE SURGERY THOUGH, I'M NOT STUPID.

GynO_DuDe

Why would you want to do that to a surgeon?

How about you just tell him what your after.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
why would he tell me that he was going to do an excision and lipo and than when i go for the surgery have me sign a form saying that if i had to have a revision i would have to pay the operating room fee ( which is $1,000) and than only do lipo on me. it sure seems that his plan was to get another $1,000 out of me. i hope i am wrong but being as i had surgery on the eighth of august and have not heard one word from his office since i left the day of surgery i have to think he is not on the up and up, he has not even scheduled a follow up on me yet. nothing , but his office had no problem calling me two to three times a week after my consultation to see when i wanted to schedule surgery. i guess they must have lost my number.

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
Do you have the papers where it clearly states he was going to do excision and liposuction? You know, the pre-op form most surgeons give you with the fee on it?

If so, then I'd see a lawyer and see what your options are. If you try and go to his office with your previous plan it's going to backfire terribly. Like GynO_DuDe said, I'd go to his office and tell him what you want. If he gives you the run around then I'd try my legal options. That would be a worst case scenario though. I'm sure doing legal battles over plastic surgery is hell and it probably won't be worth it in the end after your fees and invested time. You never know though.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
thats funny, i don't plan on saying anything that is not the truth. i will just tell of my experience with this fraud and let them make up thier own mind.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Don't ignore these words.  Tell the surgeon exactly where you're coming from.  Be sincere and very honest. Gauge the situation afterwards. You will not come out ahead in a fight with your surgeon.  Do you think you are the first person to do this?

Be a man, look your surgeon in the eyes and tell him how you feel.  You will probably be surprised at how receptive a respected person such as a doctor will be to someone who he feels is a MAN.  A little old-fashioned straightupidness may remedy the situation.  Passive aggressive whining on  a website is not the answer.  Grow some cajones broham.

If that doesn't work, go with your other plan.

Peace         

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
THE THING THAT BOTHERS ME THE MOST IS THAT I AM A VERY HONEST PERSON SO WHEN A DOCTOR TELLS ME SOMETHING I ASSUME HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH. HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE LIES THAT THIS SURGEON TOLD ME.
HE WOULD EXCISE GLAND AS WELL AS LIPO
I WOULD BE ABLE TO LIFT WEIGHTS WITHIN 4 DAYS OF SURGERY
I WOULD FEEL ABSOLUTELY NO PAIN DURING OR AFTER SURGERY
I WOULD HAVE SLIGHT BRUISING BUT ABSOLUTELY NO PAIN.
I GUESS HE IS A BETTER SALESMAN THAN S SURGEON.
 BEING A SINGLE DAD IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO COME UP WITH THE MONEY FOR THIS SURGERY, SO WHEN I FINALLY DID I EXPECTED TO GET WHAT I WAS PROMISED. IF THATS BEING A CRY BABY THAN I GUESS I AM.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Paying that much money for something and getting the run around is devastating.  I just hope that you tell the surgeon everything that you tell us.  I think that fighting a legal battle and trying to spread the word will not help you with your gynecomastia and should be a very last result.  Tell the surgeon exactly how you feel, then gauge the situation.  If this guy is a salesman who bullies people into giving him cash for substandard service, then treat him like you would any bully.  When you're in the room with him, look him in the eye, tell him how you feel, and don't give an inch.  You may be surprised at how receptive he is.  Some plastic surgeons take advantage of their customers because it is a very foreign relationship for most of us, probably once in a lifetime.  You are not trying to get away with anything and only want what was agreed upon.  Treat it that way.  Make sure not to threaten him.  I wish you the best of luck.   

IMO   

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
Please, please listen to those last two posts. They know what they're talking about, bob7375. I hope it all works out well for you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024