Author Topic: Should I go under the knife?  (Read 7979 times)

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
Sure.

This person's chest is normal.

http://bodybuilding.ericsgym.com/trainingarticles/images/vince_gironda.01.jpg

yeh? so the majority of men have chests like THAT? :o 
yukky! Im glad Ive got gyne now! :D

Offline freefromG

• Bronze Member
I take it you already go to the gym, i cant see any real gland at all, as another reply stated are you left handed or favour your left side on the bench press, i had milder gland gyne removed (most of it anyway) but am more concerned about the divot on my left side in the bottom/centre of my chest more so than the actual gyne worried me, although after 10 years stressing about the mounds under my nipples im proud that i had a shot, not so proud that i didnt pick THE most experienced surgeon going though.

I wouldnt do it if i was in your position.

DrBermant

Interesting, I never knew the glands could expand and contract. Are you sure about this?

The nipple contracting in a cold environment is true, but that's just natural for all nipples, male and female. That's just the skin and muscle contracting though, as far as I know. Nothing to do with the glands. The glands are the same size, they're just less noticeable during these situations.

That is correct. There is a thin muscle just under the skin that flattens puffy nipples when stimulated such as in the cold.

There can be some gland growth under hormonal stimulation. The time frame is longer. Women can get such growth during menstrual cycles and pregnancy. Male gland under hormonal stimulation can also have such growth. The puffy nipple of adolescence is one common version that resolves for so many teenagers. For men the problem becomes when the stimulated gland no longer returns to a trivial size resulting in gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:07:36 PM by DrBermant »

Offline Concernedinthehead

• Posting Member
Interesting, I never knew the glands could expand and contract. Are you sure about this?

The nipple contracting in a cold environment is true, but that's just natural for all nipples, male and female. That's just the skin and muscle contracting though, as far as I know. Nothing to do with the glands. The glands are the same size, they're just less noticeable during these situations.

That is correct. There is a thin muscle just under the skin that flattens puffy nipples when stimulated such as in the cold.

There can be some gland growth under hormonal stimulation. The time frame is longer. Women can get such growth during menstrual cycles and pregnancy. Male gland under hormonal stimulation can also have such growth. The puffy nipple of adolescence is one common version that resolves for so many teenagers. For men the problem becomes when the stimulated gland no longer returns to a trivial size resulting in gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thanks for the information, Michael Bermant. Oh, but FYI that link you posted is broken.

Or perhaps you were just trying to highlight/emphasis that part of your post.

DrBermant

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thanks for the information, Michael Bermant. Oh, but FYI that link you posted is broken.

Or perhaps you were just trying to highlight/emphasis that part of your post.

Thank you, link fixed.

Offline 91deejay

• Posting Member
In my opinion, your chest looks fine man.  I would much rather my chest look like that instead of how it does now (4 years after surgery). 

Offline JJ37

• Posting Member
Get a life....your chest is perfect  8)

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
A bit late to answer, but I've just checked this message today.

For my opinion, I would NOT have surgery with such a nice chest. It might be even worse... Honestly, be proud of it !

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
honestyl your chest is perfect dude.. for real..no joke.. you could see some chest muscle at the side of your chest and that's what i want to happen.

Offline mrabcd

DON'T!

It is perfectly fine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024