Author Topic: Dr Marcellino at Harley Medical  (Read 1646 times)

Offline jay2soul

• Posting Member
Hi has anyone had gyno surgery with Dr Marcellino from the Harley Medical Group?

If so can you let me know about your experiences?

Offline Tonytony

• Posting Member
Hi mate,

Fellow Harley Medical fellow here - I don't have this particular doctor, but they have given me a Dr. Solomos instead. I have my surgery on the 1st of March, so not long to go!

How have you found your experience with Harley so far? I am having mixed feelings - The quality of the surgeons and the facilities look really good, but the manager of my local clinic doesn't answer her emails and it doesnt help with my confidence.

Did they charge you the standard £4200? Mine was a little bit more because I have to have some skin removed as well..

Offline jay2soul

• Posting Member
Good luck with it all - hope it all goes well!

I don't want to throw you off but it did seem like their gyno knowledge isn't as extensive as what you read on here. Their facilities and surgeons are great but for gyno...I'm not so sure? My surgery seemed to go well until a few weeks post op where things started to go back to the pre op look. I was told to hang tight after 3 months as it could be scar tissue, however, 6 months in I'm getting told I need a revision. Not so good as it messes up my summer plans and my working schedule.

However stay positive, that's all you can do and steer your minds towards the outcome you want. I know mine hasn't gone to plan yet but I'm going to keep faith in them. Those feelings of doubt are natural, especially when you don't hear what you want to, or anything at all...but it's those doubts that may affect your pattern of thought so try and keep them positive!

I think I paid around that amount too!

Offline Tonytony

• Posting Member
I did get that feeling a little bit myself, but this particular surgeon seemed very confident and has done it dozens of times so I am not too worried about this capability.

What does worry me is that he is going to use permanent sutures to deal with the loose skin removal which leaves me a little unsure about how it will play out in the long term.

Really sorry to hear that you have not had the result you wanted just yet - how is their aftercare? Did you have to fight to get revision surgery (which I imagine didntcost you anything more that time?), or were they quite willing to try again.

I am trying to stay positive and will be ringing the management with some questions. I hope your recovery continues in the right direction :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024