Author Topic: thailand?  (Read 4650 times)

Offline sjw

I was looking at going to Dr. Pommee, but after getting his price( 150,000 baht) I won't be able to afford him. I'm wondering if there are any other surgeons that are recommended? It doesn't have to be Bangkok either, I might be going to Phuket. I'm mainly looking at price and positive referrals(since I need excision and lipo). Thanks

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Hey SJW,  How much is his price just for excision?

How much is that in USD or Euros?

Maybe it includes hospital stay, and covers all costs..  Let  me know if you decide to go.  I may join you.

Thanks bro

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Hey guys

Interesting that his price has gone up to 150k. I did the surgery only 4 months ago and it was 135k. 

Anyway, I have to say that his work is absolutely unbelievable. I have virtually no scarring and the outcome looks great.  I've been to the beach and hang out with my shirt off all the time and no one has ever noticed anything.

Lets face it. You will only get this surgery once in your lifetime and do you really want to go with the cheaper guy?  Never worry about the money.  If you are thinking about the surgery then the money isn't an issue.  Spend the extra cash and get the best possible care.  You won't regret it.  Not to mention the Bumrungrad hospital is very nice (5 star) and the care is excellent.  They speak very good english and all the doctors and nurses are very professional. 

Obviously I like the job that Dr. Poomee did.  If any of you have any questions about it, please don't hesitate.  Ask away.

Hope this helps!

SWS

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
thanks for your input SWS.  Can you please post some pre & post op Photos.  Thank you.

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Hey SJW

Here's a link of the post I put out after my surgery detailing pretty much everything with some post op shots.  Unfortunately I don't have any pre op shots...stupid huh?

If you have any questions about it let me know.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17201.0

Good luck with your decision!  The hardest part is deciding to do something about it.  Email Dr. Poomee and go have a consultation.  Its free and you'll be able to get a good handle of what kind of guy he is.  Hell you'll probably see my pre/post op pics in his collection.

Cheers

SWS

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Thanks.  Results seem pretty good.  Have those scars gone away on your nipple?  Also how about feeling and sensation.  Has yoru nipple area become numb?  Or can you still have sensitive feelings?

Thank you.

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Hi Guys

The scar around the nipple is totally gone...and I mean gone.  If you get very close with good light you can see where the cut was but there is no scar.  The colour of the scar compared to the rest of the skin is identical.  The lypo scars are very small dark dots but they look very natural light birthmarks.

The nipple was very numb for a long time.  It's still quite numb although I can feel it if I rub it.  There were times after 1 month when the nipple would feel like it was burning and then go away. The area is still a bit sore when I rub it hard and it's been 4 months!  I know this is gross but at first the hairs along the nipple incision scar all fell out. But now they have grown back.  When you rub the nipple you can feel some scar tissue underneath it but it's quite thin and Dr. Poomee says this will go away with time.

Like I said before I'm completely happy with the result.  He really knows what he's doing.  How's the decision coming along?

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
thanks man.  i'm still trying to decide.   and trying to save up some money..

i wish some others would also post their experience with this doctor.  seems no one has recently gone..?

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Hey April

If you want some more insight from Dr. Poomee patients, just do a search at the top and type in Dr. Poomee and you will get all the posts ever posted with guys getting the surgery from him.  I did this and found it extremely helpful as there have been posts for many years.  He's obviously the best in thailand.  There's really no questioning that.  Just take a minute to look at his credentials.  He told me when I was there that he basically helped design the whole program of lypo and excision when he was practicing in the USA. 

Just email him with questions if you have them.  He's extremely friendly and happy to explain.

If you have anything else man, just fire away.

Cheers!

Offline K_Ken

• Posting Member
I am also another happy patient of Dr. Poomee.  The scarring is virtually invisible.  After the burning sensation went away and those lumps from Lipo disappeared, I felt great.  His skill is top notch.

Of course, my chest doesn't look like Tom Cruise's.  Everybody's phisique is different so you need to set the right expecation. 

I do agree with SWS.  You got only one shot in your lifetime.  Of course, if something goes wrong, you can do a revision surgery but total cost wil be definitely higher plus the recovery time.

Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024