Author Topic: Endocrinologist hmm?  (Read 3047 times)

Offline moobzSUck

• Posting Member
So I saw my doctor maybe a month and a half ago, and he told me that he was going to set me up with a surgeon blah blah blah. So i never got a call from any surgeon, so then i talked to him and he said that he is going to set me up with an appointment with a endocrinologist?

Can someone tell me why he did this and not just go through with surgery? Just to let you know im 17 and he thinks it's really minor. He told me one thing though that this endorinologist might help me with my gynecomastia through special medication.

p.s My pics are in the user photos, if you wanna take a look.

Offline Joey101

• Posting Member
you should definetely see an endicronologist before considering surgery, especially as you're young and the doctor thinks it is relatively minor.

I'd be interested to know what the special medication might be though,

Offline moobzSUck

• Posting Member
yah ill let you know, BTW would the endorinologist ask you questions that might emberass you?

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
^^^good question. i would also like to know what kind of questions the endorinologist might ask

DrBermant

So I saw my doctor maybe a month and a half ago, and he told me that he was going to set me up with a surgeon blah blah blah. So i never got a call from any surgeon, so then i talked to him and he said that he is going to set me up with an appointment with a endocrinologist?

Can someone tell me why he did this and not just go through with surgery? Just to let you know im 17 and he thinks it's really minor. He told me one thing though that this endorinologist might help me with my gynecomastia through special medication.

p.s My pics are in the user photos, if you wanna take a look.

When a patient has Red Flags of a possible growing gynecomastia, I recommend getting that problem evaluated and stable first before having surgery.  This evaluation is typically by an Endocrinologist.

The exception I make for growing breasts are Teenagers with Gynecomastia that have major deformity.  After agreement from the patient, parent(s), endocrinologist and myself, some patients deformities are just too emotionally devastating to wait for stabilization.  The most fascinating thing with my technique is that we have not seen further growth after such surgery.  However, the risk is still there.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline moobzSUck

• Posting Member
o ok well I am 17, and have had it since i was in grade 7 so 12-13. Which is more than 2 years and everyone says that if you've had them for over 2 years your basically screwed
So i don't know if the endo.. can help me!!> :-\

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024