Author Topic: Pain persists 6 months post-op  (Read 3018 times)

Offline karthik28

• Posting Member
Hi,
One of my friends had a gyne surgery 6 months back. he is still having pain on the left hand side of the chest.. is there a possibility that some nerves were cut during surgery or is the wound still not healed?

What is the typical healing period? i thought the chest will be completely healed atleast in 6 months.
did anybody have pain 6 months post-op????

Thanks,
Karthik.

GynO_DuDe

Im nearly 9 months post op and I still have sharp shooting pains here and their ... its just random pain that literally comes and go's within a second!

Healing period is 1 year. After that you should be 100%

Offline karthik28

• Posting Member
thanks GynO_DuDe ..
Does that mean that the inside wound is still healing...? and it is not a nerve pain?

Karthik.

Offline karthik28

• Posting Member
 I heard healing period is usually 6 months.. hope the healing period is longer only in few cases..
Karthik..

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
It's more than likely a nerve issue.  I don't know the medical reasons, but nerves seem to take a VERY long time to heal.  My g/f had surgery on her ankle a year and a half ago and two of her toes are still somewhat numb and the incision area is still sensitive to the touch.  I know its a completely different surgery, but it's interesting how some things can take so long.

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
I've been told that the sharp shooting sensations are the nerves becoming "awake" and this will happen for a period of time up until full recovery.

Offline karthik28

• Posting Member
thanks guys for your response.. Does the full recovery really take one year?  how frequently the nerve pain comes?  is this a bearable pain..

Karthik.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024