Author Topic: A Complete guide to Gynecomastia surgery in bangalore  (Read 7900 times)

Offline tejarun_90

Hey guys got the operation done march 2012, here to share the data with ppl who need it
Place of surgery: Manipal Hospital , Domlur, Bangalore.
Surgeon: Dr Anantheswar,
Cost Of Operation: Hopital Deposit-60000, BloodTest fees- 5000-6000, Extra-4000, Total approx 70k :P
Time Taken for recovery: 12 days, Recommended Leave/Absent time-2 weeks 

Walkthrough:
The reason i am sharing this step by step walkthrough is because the results have been nothing short of miraculous. More later....

1. Call manipal hospital, you can get their no. from net. Ask the desk to patch you through to plastic surgery dept.

2. In the Plastic surgery dept Ask for a consultation with Dr Anatheswar. Saturday is good if you are working some times he has operationms on saturday so check if he is free.

3. Meet him on the appointed date. He will check your chest :P(yes you have to take your shirt off :( :(  ), if it requires surgery he will write a set of blood tests.

4.Get them done in the manipal labarotory if you are visiting or any diagnostics near your house if you stay in bangalore cause in manipal hospital trhe charges are around 50% extra but the results come a bit faster.

5. if you stay in bangalore i would recommend getting the tests done near your house. The results will come in 2-3 days and scheduling an appointment for the next saturday is advised if you are working.

6. If the blood tests are fine he will send you to the resident physician  who will do a complete physical checkup and mi8 order few more blood tests and an ecg xray of you chest etc. The physical checkup mi8 be a bit awkward be prepared.

7. After the getting the physician's ok , report back to dr. anatheshwar he will set a date for the surgery, a week or so (ask anantheswar) before the surgery you will have to get the anasthesiaist's approval. If he says everything is ok that is the final green light for the operation

7.2 after everthing is ok get the guy who makes pressure garments take your chest measurements. You will have to wear these garments for a gud 3 months after the operation they are uncomfortable but help shape your chest so dont complain.

8. check in the night before the operation. Do not choose anthying other than  the general ward if you do the cost of everything will go up the total costs for the operation will go to 1.5 lakh if you chose other wards. The general ward is quite good max 2-3 beds dont imagine govt genral wards with 30 -40 beds.

9. Morning before the operation they will take some blood for the latest blood results and test a couple of anibiotics on you which they will use during the operation.

10. The operation ::::: .......... lol dont worry you will be under complete ansthesia aka solidly asleep for the entire duration i woke up some 2 hrs after the operation.

11. Waking up:: you will feel drowsy max.. there wont be any pain (well maybe a little :P......). the ward boys will wheel you back to your bed. The most disturbing thing about the operation will be the fuking pipes sticking out of your chest one for each boob u had :P ( had had .. you dont anymore congrats...)... you will be discharged after 1-2 days when the doctor thiks you are stable.

12. COngrats the hard part is now done go home and chill for 5-10 days depending on the amount of fluids you are leaking. I played computer games for 10 days :P... visit the hospital oince evry 3-4 days they will change the dressing and check on the pipes. if the leakage amount is less than 10 ml they will remove it :) .

13. When they remove the leakages IT WILL BE A HEARTSTOPPING EXPERIENCEP :P having a pipe pulled from your body is not somethoing done every day shit i mean 2 pipes :P ... but there wont be anypain ..... i promise :P ....

14. After the pipes are gone wear that t shirt you couldnt wear earlier and start grinning like an idiot :) congrats bro you are free now :)

... will add Frequently asked questions post if you guys have any :P

Offline mechhitman

• Posting Member
thnks dude...i have booked for 22nd of Sept, with dr.anantheswar, Manipal Hospital. Kinda scared..  :-\

I have a few Ques

1. can u walk like for 5 kms a day, after like a week of surgery.

2. How much did the compression vests cost u, i gave my measurements to some person from spectra garments or something...is tat any good... he said itll cost me 4400 for a pair of em...

Offline K_K

Hey Tejarun_90,

Congrats on your successful surgery & recovery. I have few questions:
1. Is it absolutely necessary to have someone with you during the surgery or/and during the time of recovery? I live alone in B'lore and want to go through the surgery and subsequent recovery with out bothering anyone.
2. Not sure if you are working in some company but do you know if company provided medical insurance cover any part of your surgery/medical costs.
3. Did you apply for sick leave for surgery & recovery? If so, did the hospital give medical certificate and what medical reason was indicated in the certificate.

Thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024