Author Topic: Results 4 months post vaser liposuction  (Read 3303 times)

Offline harry87

Hi,
   I underwent vaser liposuction for fat removal from chest. No excision/gland removal performed. My chest was completely flat on the first day after surgery. Afterwards there
was this period of swelling which has passed, but however my chest isnt that flat like it was in the first week. It is around 50% of how i looked before and after surgery.

I consulted my surgeon and he pressed the area hard enough and concluded that there isn't any seroma or fluid. It is the residual fat which was left so as to give proper contour to the area, And these are the final results.
 There isn't any pain, but just a stingy feeling on the are around the nipples when i jump bare chest. I would like to admit that, I didn't wear the compression vest after 15 days, though the prescribed period was 1 month. Also I couldn't rest at home except for first couple of days. I commuted by bike daily and on some days i felt as if i was carrying water filled balloons on my chest.

But now i feel normal like before. So is it possible that the fat accumulation can go on continuing over the period and make this gynecomastia reappear.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
We don't have your pre-op photos to make a comparison. However, if you still feel that there is residual tissue present, then you should return to your original surgeon and initiate a discussion about possible secondary surgery.  He should have a revision policy in place for you to read.

If you have read numerous posts on this forum, you will understand that in virtually all cases, lipo PLUS excision is needed to get an absolutely flat and contoured chest.  Vaser lipo can only remove fat-- not breast tissue. 

Some surgeons think they can diagnose gland vs fat.  That is not possible -- there are many circumstances when gland feels soft and fat feels firm.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024