Author Topic: My surgery experience in Pune, done by Dr. Prashant Yadav on 9th Sept 2014.  (Read 11898 times)

Offline usernamehere

• Posting Member
So, finally I’ve completed 3 weeks post op and decided to write down my experience with the surgery for others to read. The main reason behind it being I wanted to give it sometime before I could really judge my recovery, although there's still a long way to go.

I'm a 22 yr old guy, who had been suffering from gyno since I was 12-13 I guess, seems like forever though. I had been saving up for the surgery for the past year. Luckily since I graduated this year (medical, so had to wait 4.5 yrs for graduation) I was able to take time off for the surgery. I did a fair bit of research over the past couple of months for surgeons in Pune. Came up with quite a few names, Dr. Ashish Davalbhakta, Dr. Avinash Deodhar, Dr. Viral Desai and finally Dr. Prashant Yadav. I had my surgery done by Dr. Prashant Yadav at his clinic. The main reason behind me going with Dr. Prashant Yadav was financial. He was the lowest quote I received. I saw around 30 before and after pics of cases operated by him on his website. Was pretty happy with what I saw. So I decided I’d go with him. I had met him just twice before the surgery for consultation and that too was very brief. He isn't very talkative mind you. Straight about everything, no BS kinda guy. I wasn't really sure, but, WTH I just went for it. Fixed 9th September for the surgery. I was shitting bricks the night before the op. Was on the verge of not going through with it. But went ahead. Thank God.

Day of the Surgery-

Reached the clinic by 9, fasting since midnight, not even water mind you. Not a very fancy clinic, basic facilities. Waited for the doc to show up by 9.50, he took me to another room, took some pre op pics after which the nurse took me to the operation theatre. Doc came in after about 10 mins, put in the IV and administered the anaesthesia. I was off to wonderland in a couple of mins. All I remember is feeling the liposuction canula a couple of times and not liking it much. Then I was woken up and the operating staff put on the compression vest while I was drowsy as hell. They shifted me to a stretcher and wheeled me to a recovery room. I stayed there for an hour before deciding to go home. The nurse who took out my IV was having a hard time getting it out and screwed up I guess. As I walked down the stairs my hand felt wet but I was drowsy so didn't really pay much attention. But then I saw blood dripping on my jeans and foot. Scared, I ran back to her and showed her my hand as it bled away. She immediately put pressure on it as it continued to bleed. Then after a couple of minutes it stopped but I was giddy by then, so I asked to lie down. After resting for 15 mins and confirming there was no bleeding, left for home. After getting home I was pretty drowsy, ate something and spent the rest of the day lying in bed.

Post op Week 1-

The first 2-3 days really sucked for me. Was in tremendous pain and was extremely drowsy from the pain meds I guess(changed 'em after the 3rd day). Barely ate anything and just spent the entire day and night in bed, only getting out of bed for bathroom breaks. On the 4th day I noticed a lump in the middle of my chest which was red and tremendously painful. I ignored it thinking it'll go down. When I saw no change I decided to speak to the doc about it two days later. I clicked a couple of pics and emailed them to the doc. He asked me to come down to the clinic. I was aware that it was some kind of abnormal fluid build up and knew it was gonna be drained. When I got there doc asked for a big needle and I knew what was gonna follow. After a couple of mins of intense pain, he had drained some of the fluid and sent me back home with a new course of antibiotics. The next couple of days sucked again, bathing etc was a real task. I was really regretting the surgery this entire time, right from day one.

Post op Week 2-

The new antibiotics had me with a metallic taste in my mouth so I was really not eating much. Just enough to get me through the day. On the 8th day I realised that despite the fluid removal and new meds the swelling and pain had increased especially on the right side, with some fluid leakage from the right nipple. I clicked a few pics and mailed the doc, he again asked me to come down to the clinic. This time he opened a couple of stitches on the right side and squeezed the fluid out. That hurt real bad. Like the most amount of pain I have ever felt. Like being burnt with a hot metal rod. After the fluid removal the pain stayed for an hour or so. However, after that, all the pain went away and I started feeling better. I went back to the doc after two days and he removed some more fluid, didn't hurt as bad this time, but still hurt. He gave me some gauze and tape etc for dressing the wound at home. I started feeling much better by the 10th day post op. Got my appetite back most importantly. Went back to the doc on the 14th day for suture removal. It was completely painless, probably cuz everything is pretty numb. He removed a small amount of fluid also. Overall by the end of the second week I was feeling much better.

Post op Week 3-

The third week was much better. No pain now. Some stiffness but that’s just reduced range of motion. I'm able to see gradual improvement in arm range almost every day. The only thing that remains is the opened incision on the right side which is gradually healing every day. Left side incision has completely healed. The swelling on the left side is hard like a flexed muscle. But I’m sure that'll go away with time. Overall I'm happy now and glad I went ahead with the surgery. I now understand there's always a minor chance of post op complications, most are lucky not to have any, but some like me who do end up having complications have no option but to deal with it. Now after its all over, I don't feel as bad as I felt while going through it. And now that I look at my chest I'm very happy with the results. Would definitely recommend surgery to everyone considering it despite everything I went through.

For anyone considering Dr. Prashant Yadav, I'd definitely recommend him. Initially my impression of him wasn't all that great but over time it really changed. He's a genuinely nice doctor. May not really communicate much in person, he’s mostly to the point, but whenever I had a doubt he'd quickly reply to my emails. All pre op and post op consultations with him were free. He didn't even charge me when he gave me the dressing materials. He himself mailed me once and asked about my health during the swelling and drainage time. It's not often that you see docs who will actually mail their patients to ask how they are doing. That really impressed me. The nursing staff (despite the one who screwed my IV removal) and the mausi at his clinic were pretty helpful. Also if anyone has any questions about anything, feel free to send me a PM. I shall try my best to reply asap.

PS- It's kinda long and I've written it in a hurry, so please do ignore any mistakes  :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:16:41 PM by usernamehere »

Offline nitesh

• Posting Member
dear usernamehere

it was excellent write up about your surgery experience . your review is genuine, detailed and very honestly written .i am sure it will help up other guys who are having gynecomastia but not able to do the procedure because of the financial reason.i havent come across such realistic and detailed experience of even the post procedure detail which you have mentioned will clear the doubts regarding the procedure .

Offline usernamehere

• Posting Member

Offline nitesh

• Posting Member
hi

what was the total cost of your procedure

can you let us know the total expenditure including surgery, medicines , garments etc

Offline usernamehere

• Posting Member
Post op Week 4-

Getting better every single day. Was a bit concerned as i saw some fluid seepage through the opened incision this week, so spoke to my surgeon, wasn't able to consult him in person as i was travelling this week, he was kind enough to take a look at a photo i sent him. Asked me to apply Sofradex cream twice daily and said it was a minor opening which will heal soon enough. He was right, it's healing well, haven't seen any fluid in the past few days. I have almost full arm range of motion except a bit in the end due to the skin being stuck to the muscle at some points, don't know what can be done about it at this point  ??? And the swelling seems pretty much the same as last week, not much improvement there, even though i'm wearing the compression vest 24x7. From what i've read swelling can last upto 3 months, so just gotta be patient i guess  :P

Offline usernamehere

• Posting Member
@nitesh

Surgery cost me around 35k including the compression garment. Medicines were around 1500-2000. Plus i got one session of RF treatment two days after my surgery, that's supposed to help with the healing i guess. I'd recommend anyone going for the surgery to buy an additional compression garment as mine has lost the "compression" effect i guess after 4 weeks. Its tight around the arm pits but not as much around the chest anymore, so having an additional one might probably help with the healing by reducing the swelling better.

Offline white***

hi usernamehere,
read your post .very informative :) . I am also suffering from last 15 year. I am based in delhi but very often visit pune for my work . I am planning for consultation with Dr Prashant Yadav after diwali . Till Than i will also consult docs in delhi. Hope to find right doctor .
Thanx   

Offline usernamehere

• Posting Member
All the best dude.. Hope you get rid of your moobs soon.. It's amazing not having to worry about it now.. Really boosts your confidence  :)

Offline fishing_aint_fun

• Posting Member
i got myself gynecomastia corrected on 19th of july. there were minor complications in my case, but the results are too good to complain. i do have pre op and post of pictures, in case anyone wants to see :)

in short, i would recommend him too. TOTALLY worth it.

i am 22 y/o too.

Offline usernamehere

• Posting Member
Hey fishing_aint_fun glad to hear about your results.. Feel free to share your pre and post pics.. Also, if you could write about your experience in short that'll be great.. I'm at 5 weeks now, spoke to Dr.Prashant Yadav today about working out.. He said I can.. For a person like me, not being able to work out sucked, super happy now.. Plus he said i can wear my compression vest only at nights now(what a relief).. Overall super happy with the results.. Just waiting for the swelling to go down so I can see the final results, even though I'm pretty happy with what I see now..

Offline fishing_aint_fun

• Posting Member
well i went for the surgery alone. it was kind of a challenge to return home alone. as you are under anasthesia. cab wasnt available and i had to travel 20kms. i took an auto who drove so jerkingly that the operation site bled a bit and that aggravated internal bleeding. after a week, one side of my chest was bigger and the chest was so uneven, but the doc said it is seroma+hematoma that is creating the visual confusion. hematoma needs to be removed for faster healing and that was the worst part, they remove the stitch and press the swelling to remove seroma and hematoma. but now, the good part.

I have never been happier and more self confident thn ever before. these are my before and after pics, left side has healed, right is 85% healed, still slight swelling, which is not even noticeable. (it is about to be my 3rd month now )

Offline usernamehere

• Posting Member
@fishing_aint_fun Your results look amazing dude.. Mine is still healing slowly.. Some unevenness but I really don't care.. My damn nipples aren't popping out anymore and that's all I wanted.. Insane self confidence boost.. Hopefully by the time I'm 3 months post op my results will look as good as yours..

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member
Reading about the post surgery first couple of weeks makes me pretty nervous  :-X [mines next week].
Anyways congrats on your surgery and thanks for sharing your story ;D

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member
@fishing_aint_fun Your results look amazing dude.. Mine is still healing slowly.. Some unevenness but I really don't care.. My damn nipples aren't popping out anymore and that's all I wanted.. Insane self confidence boost.. Hopefully by the time I'm 3 months post op my results will look as good as yours..
Would you mind sharing pre / post op pics?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024