Author Topic: Women camisole and sports bra  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Arsh1997

• Posting Member
Hello everyone I am new here I am from India I am 20 years old and having breasts since I was 12 years old now they pain when I do exercises like jumping,running,walking, climbing stairs as I am overweight and I have hypothyroidism also so my doc said to exercise to loose weight and maintain it so after researching about gynecomastia I came to this website and found that sports bra can be worn to support breasts so I convinced my mom about it and she got me a sports bra so that I can wear it while exercising now the question is I have also purchased women camisole as I don't want that my sports bra is visible under my tshirt I will wear camisole under my tshirt to hide bra men tank tops weren't available for my size so question is is it okay to wear women camisole or not I feel comfortable in it and should I buy tshirt bra or you can suggest for wearing   regularly to my college under camisole as it comfortable or I should wear it only while working out please help  :/

hammer

Given the size of your breast I would go somewhere and have a formal fitting done if you have a place to do that there. As I said in another post your breast and mine are very similar and are not easy to fit for a bra, or hid either. You do need a good support bra to feel better.

I personally find a good support bra that is also a minimizer bra and then wear a good tee shirt that is one size to big along with a button down shirt over that works well for me.

Offline Arsh1997

• Posting Member
Given the size of your breast I would go somewhere and have a formal fitting done if you have a place to do that there. As I said in another post your breast and mine are very similar and are not easy to fit for a bra, or hid either. You do need a good support bra to feel better.

I personally find a good support bra that is also a minimizer bra and then wear a good tee shirt that is one size to big along with a button down shirt over that works well for me.

So I should not wear camisole under my tshirt or shirt ?  regarding proper fitting here we have very less women garment store and my mom doesn't know how to measure the breast size 

hammer

Ya, you can wear it if you want.

You may need to use the Internet at a good bra selling site and get online help for your breast sizing and use the trial and error system to find your right size, so be sure that where ever you get the bras from have a great return policy.

To start with, measure your chest under your breast, then over the biggest part of your breast.  The small number is the band size and the difference of the largest number and the small number is the cup size. I'm a 46H  my band is 46 inches and across the breast is 59 inches giving me a cup size of H.

Bob

Offline Arsh1997

• Posting Member

You may need to use the Internet at a good bra selling site and get online help for your breast sizing and use the trial and error system to find your right size, so be sure that where ever you get the bras from have a great return policy.

To start with, measure your chest under your breast, then over the biggest part of your breast.  The small number is the band size and the difference of the largest number and the small number is the cup size. I'm a 46H  my band is 46 inches and across the breast is 59 inches giving me a cup size of H.

Bob

Thank you sir and what about regular wear minimize bra for regular wear is okay? And for how much time I should wear bra ?

aboywithgirls

Bob

Thank you sir and what about regular wear minimize bra for regular wear is okay? And for how much time I should wear bra ?

Wearing a minimizer is certainly ok with every day wear. 

For us, the problem lies with comfort vs concealment. The more you compress your breasts, the less comfortable you will be. I am a 36G in most of my bras. I am now a regular wearer of minimizer bras. A full coverage, underwire, molded cup bra is my favorite because it is most comfortable. But, it also puts the "girls " front and center. 

Conversely, a compression  sports bra provides the best concealment. 

There is nothing wrong with wearing a cami either.  It's light and it helps hide the sillouette of the bra.

hammer

As long as it comfortable!

Some guys wear their bras all the time! They have different types of bras, for day wear, sleep or work.  I'm retired,  disabled and I've had gyno as long as I can remember.  I started wearing bras on and off probably 20 years ago but not all the time. I'm much more comfortable in a bra and the bras I buy cost $70.00, but I will go days without wearing one, and I get very red and sore in the area under the breast.

What you do is what ever you are comfortable with.

Offline Arsh1997

• Posting Member
Actually I asked about camisole because my mom said it looks girlish how you will wear it under your shirt I searched about men tank tops but they aren't available here in india and so I searched about women camisole I ordered a neutral one which both genders can wear I can actually liked because wearing it there is no chance my bra can be seen but in men tank top there were chances of visibility I have ordered molded cup sports bra let's see if it's comfortable then I will order some daily wear bra after I get comfortable now time to convince mom about measurements why it's necessary thanks everyone 

aboywithgirls

Camis are great for hiding a bra. I wear mine under another shirt. 
You should wear whatever you are comfortable in physically and mentally. I have different bras for different occasions and reasons. It really depends on what I am doing and how I'm feeling. I have some very plain and simple sports bras. I also have some bras with lace, bows and other embellishments. I'm rather large chested even by female standards. I'm 5'10 and 170 lbs and I wear a 36G in most of my bras so, It's very seldom that I am not wearing a bra. 
Good luck and be comfortable with whatever you wear or don't wear. 

Offline Arsh1997

• Posting Member
Camis are great for hiding a bra. I wear mine under another shirt.
You should wear whatever you are comfortable in physically and mentally. I have different bras for different occasions and reasons. It really depends on what I am doing and how I'm feeling. I have some very plain and simple sports bras. I also have some bras with lace, bows and other embellishments. I'm rather large chested even by female standards. I'm 5'10 and 170 lbs and I wear a 36G in most of my bras so, It's very seldom that I am not wearing a bra.
Good luck and be comfortable with whatever you wear or don't wear.

Well as I live in india we have taboo of such things like sex,bra,camisole, lingerie etc so my mom was tensed what people will say etc etc few minutes back I told that I joined a website and there I asked about camisoles and answer I got is wear what you are comfortable in so she still asked can't you wear it under your vest and then shirt I said mom bra can be visible from man vests that's why I need a women camisole to hide bra as they don't have big opening and she might get agree upon having collection of bras and camisole if I am comfortable wearing sports while working out then I will buy more bras and camisole to wear under my tshirt or shirt thanks again

aboywithgirls

I hadn't seen your pictures until today. Yes you have severe gynecomastia, like myself. You will certainly benefit from a bra. If you are able to, I will recommend that you are professionally fitted for a bra. You will look and feel so much better. I recommend that you have at least 2 sports bras, 2 regular support bras (either underwire or soft cup) and 2 leisure bras  (also called sleep bras). That should get you started and be able to be comfortable for workouts, daily activities, and resting.
Good luck.

A camisole over any of these bras will also help. Especially a compression camisole while exercising. 

Offline Arsh1997

• Posting Member
I hadn't seen your pictures until today. Yes you have severe gynecomastia, like myself. You will certainly benefit from a bra. If you are able to, I will recommend that you are professionally fitted for a bra. You will look and feel so much better. I recommend that you have at least 2 sports bras, 2 regular support bras (either underwire or soft cup) and 2 leisure bras  (also called sleep bras). That should get you started and be able to be comfortable for workouts, daily activities, and resting.
Good luck.

A camisole over any of these bras will also help. Especially a compression camisole while exercising.

Well to be honest my mom won't be agree for regular wear bras because today I got my sports bras which I ordered online they fit very well then I said mom I need regular wear bras because sports bras can be only worn when working out because for daily working it causes uncomfortably then her reply was I haven't seen a man wearing bra don't you feel awkward while wearing it I said mom I need support that's why I am wearing I don't have plans for surgery unless I earn myself and if it creates more problem for me then I will think about surgery I measured my size in my home with help from her my size is 46d so she bought me only one regular bra I guess because I haven't checked it yet 

Offline Arsh1997

• Posting Member
One thing I have noticed that when I lay on my back then I feel only little bulge but rounded or you can say very little breast like structure on my chest so I guess its probably fat tissues + glandular tissue I have started working out I hope it gets reduced else I will live with it

hammer

Tell your mom that bras were made to support breast, you have breast that need support so you need a bra to support them! If the bra was developed to support breast why should it matter if the bra is on a man or a woman, it just there to support the breast!

Offline Arsh1997

• Posting Member
Tell your mom that bras were made to support breast, you have breast that need support so you need a bra to support them! If the bra was developed to support breast why should it matter if the bra is on a man or a woman, it just there to support the breast!

Yes sir I will convince her somehow as I told you I live in India here people have taboo about sex , lingerie etc stuff when I tried sports bra she said why don't you wear your vest on it i wore that and showed to her bra was visible under it then she got convinced for having camisole but still she tried to get me a men vest to wear over bra I told her earlier that men vest is not available for my size only women camisole or tank top is available for my size let me buy that then she finally agreed

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024