Author Topic: Dr. Manoj Khanna - Kolkata (Top Surgeon?)  (Read 21678 times)

Offline takecontrol

Hello,

Has anyone done surgery with Dr. Manoj Khanna?
I've had a series of emails with him.

He claims to be very experienced & skillful. According to him, he has done 300 cases of Gynecomastia which most of it were gland removal through excision.

If any of you had any experience with him, pls do share.

I've done the surgery once & dont want to make the wrong move again.

FYI, attached his website
http://www.cosmeticsurgery-india.com/index.htm
http://www.plasticsurgery-india.com/

Appreciate your advise
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:40:08 AM by takecontrol »

Offline Banglorian

• Posting Member
Hi takecontrol .....
Iam planning to get rid of gyne .... I dont know abt this doc .... what  is ur status now .. have u done ur gyne operation ?

Offline rocky

• Posting Member
Hi ,

I have done the operation this year recently with him.He seemed to be a really good surgeon especially the way he had assured me.I have had it through local anasthesia and had lipo + gland done.The Xylocane stuff which is a local anaesthetic was kind of painful though , but bearable.

I am 3 weeks down the operation i would say my chest is looking flatter now and hopefully things would look even better.

Do let me know what problems you had after ur first operation.Do send in the pictures to understand it better.

Offline Banglorian

• Posting Member
Hi rocky...

Gr8 to see ur message ... These kinda of messages and information sharing will help us alot ......

Please post your post surgery experiences ... Iam also planning to get operated .......

Offline Banglorian

• Posting Member
Hi rocky....

I have few more questions ... please do answer ....
It will be gr8 help for people like us...

1) what is the cost of surgery?
2) how many days do we have to stay in hostpital after
surgery?
3) Afte how many days, stiches will be removed?
4) For how many days pressure garment should be worn?
5) After how many days post surgery we can get back to work.....

Offline rocky

• Posting Member
Ok Dude , this was the story and thereafter the facts.

First of all , i have a good frame of body and had a wokred out physique.However , the gyne thing was distorting everything.I would say my gyne was moderate but i hated that.I mostly had glands.

I visited Dr Khanna and he assured me things would be fine.Before the day of the operation i shaved myself and applied some antiseptic lotion over by entire body .. head to toe ..had a good meal and went to bed.Next morning , the operation was scheduled at 1:00 pm , and therefore i went with my parents sometime before that.I was given a gown to wear and since i was to do thru a local anaesthesia , i was first tested with the chemical on myright hand skin.

After this , once the doctor had come , he checked me out (blood tests and all tohers had been previously done) and took some photographs of mine.Here i was a bit consious as the senior nurse ..i guess in mid 30s was there.Anyways , after this i was shifted to the OT and  they spread my hands and actually cuffed them with some cloth.This was followed by few small injections around my nipples on either side.This was no more than a small ant bite.The next was injecting Xylocane which is a local anaesthtic.This was a little painful , but believe me absoltely bearable , a lill painful .. i must have done something like an ouch!! at the most ..nothign more than that.So relax..

After this , my sensations went numb and then first the Lipo was done.but i heard the sister saying the doctor that there was no  fat coming out.This time dr Khanna stepped in and started the removal of the gland.This wasnt painful at all and i could not feel anything.Honestly speaking i was actually laughing and joking with the doctor while the whole procedure was going on.Funny but true , i was even discussing 'Laage Raho Munnabhai' with the doctor.So u can imagine.

The whole process took about 2 hrs i suppose and after that the stiches came in and the pressure garment.I was shifted into the other room for recovery and i was feeling a bit thirsty and hungry.I ate something and had a coke i suppose.Yess , i was indeed feeling abit tired after this, but nothing like feeling like throwing up or something like that...just normal but tired.The pressure garment was uncomfortable and they had also put drains underneath to reduce the swelling.

After this i went to my home and i had a exhaustive sleep for hours.However , i was fine , i was on antibiotics and there was actually no pain.Only that i was walking with the uncomfortable pressure garment all along the house like a demon with my shoulders shrugged higher than usual.

Took of the bandages on the fourth day , these four days were hell in the sense , the oozing of blood and sweat and my hair (i am very hairy) and all the etching was beating the hell of me ..and boy !! the smell.Anyways , on the fourth day they took the drains out and i was feeling better.

I stay abroad and therefore had to come back after 9 days of the surgery and my parents being docs they cut the alternate stiches on the 10 th day and the rest on 12th.

I am 3 weeks down now , feeling much better , chest flattened a lot , but still swelling is there , it is not absolutely flat though , i guess this will take some more time , i am still wearing the pressure garment and i am planning to hit the Gym exactly after 30 days...Wish me luck !!!

Now answers to ur questions:

1. The cost of the Surgery was :

17,000 INR - Operation
400 INR  - pressure Garment (I got 2 of them = 800 Bucks)
500 - 1000 INR - some other medicines

Total should not be more than 18K -18.5K

2.I was operated in his clinic , and stayed there for about coupe of hours before moving out.I came home by my car.I would suggesst u not to walk back , or use a public transport , could be risky.

3.Stiches are usually removed after 10 -12 days of the operation.

4.I am planning to wear the pressure garment for one more month , i.e totally 2 months.

5.You can get back to work in about 5-6 days time.I would say a week of rest would be fantastic.

Hope the Info helps !!!!! Gyne Sucks !! Get rid of that man.

Offline Banglorian

• Posting Member
Gr8 Dude ........

This is VERY VERY VERY useful information.......
Thanks man .......... I was early waiting for your response........

I wish you all the very best........... I still dream of the day when I can bare by chest and go for swimming .....

Keeeep posting abt your post surgery experiences ........
Its means ALOT to us ............

THANKS DUDE ONCE AGAIN

Offline rocky

• Posting Member
Hi Guys ,

Please check out my pre operation photographs.I was kind of into my work outs , but never could a good shape because of those nasty boobs. :-[

http://photos.yahoo.com/moobsboobs

Offline Lipoboy027

• Posting Member
Hi rocky,congrats on your getting rid of gyne.So how is your chest looking now?Im thinking of going to Dr khanna as the cost of surgery looks good at 18000 INR.But i got a few questions,
1)As i live in singapore,i would like to know if its possible if i have the surgery and just stay for a week?
2)Can the followup be done within this 1 week so that i do not need to see the doctor again?
3)How much would it cost to stay in a hotel for a week?
4)Does the doctor do nipple reduction(cost please?)

I hope im not troubling you,i hope you can help me out as i already had a failed first op.And you are an asset to this asian site.Can you also share your post op pics with us.Thank you. :)

Offline Banglorian

• Posting Member
Rocky,

How are u feeling post surgery?Are you happy with the results? R u still using compression garment ....

Please keep updating.........

Offline glider

• Posting Member
I had the surgery done with Dr. Manoj Khanna in Kolkata, I had it done late December 2008, and am very very disappointed with the surgery results and the surgery experience and would personally advise against using this surgeon you can check out my experience at this post: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17207.0

Hope it helps!

Offline sdkn

• Posting Member
Dear Rocky,

I am a Gynecomastia patient.
I have read your experience .... after approx 3yrs of surgery how are you feeling... have any side effects... please reply me.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Yea after reading Gliders post, I would rather punch the doc in his face rather than pay him to start cutting you up. I say don't go with him.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline sdkn

• Posting Member
Thanks for your suggestion. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024