Author Topic: Question  (Read 2423 times)

Offline megalodon

I called a few Plastic Surgeons in my area. I received quotes of 4500 to 5200 for the surgery. They have not seen me in person yet. They all want 50.00 to examine me and will apply to surgery. I dont want to waste my money if they don't have enough experience in this area. At the same time I can't afford to drive out of state. It will probably be about 6 mnths till I can seriously consider surgery. Are these normal rates? Most places I looked online that had info said normally 1600 to 2500. I am confused. I have more of the puffy nipple problem then breast tissue, I thought it would be under 3000 but now I am concerned. It would take forever for me to come with 5000 dollars. Can anyone help? I live in Tucson, AZ if that helps. Thx in advance.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i made a list of general Qs before i called to get as much info beforehand from the secretary. usually, if they perform these surgeries, secretaries know...

These are Qs I asked over the phone...

1) How many gynecomastia surgeries does the doc do per year/month?
2) What procedure is used? (If the secretary says, lipo, HANG UP!!) If she says, excision + lipo, move on to the next Qs.
3) Do you have before/after pics to show at the time of consult? (This will show that ur interested in coming down and will happily answer your next Qs)
4) Would yoii be able to provide past patient referrals? Show empathy here, if they cannot, thats ok too in my opinion, not everyone would like to talk abt their exp good or bad...
5) Consult cost? Does it apply towards surgery?

I will write more in case I remember some more Qs. Its a good idea to understand what the staff has to say before u go in for a consult.. if its free, ask these Qs anyways to get a good idea..

hope this helps :)
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline megalodon

Yes that does help Thank You. One more question. Do you think they are giving me typical price range? Maybe marking it up because that haven't seen me yet and it's just a rough estimate based on usuall costs? It could possibly cost less but without a consultation they can't really say?

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i had dr. craig person in northern VA giving me a quote of $2700 includes everything... !! i did not feel confident with him and spent twice as much to get the job done...so its depends....:)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024