Author Topic: What kind of doctor do I go to if I wanna find out if I have fat or gland?  (Read 2622 times)

Offline krylontop

• Posting Member
I have a decent athletic looking body but I still have fat around my stomach and my chest area, my arms look great, so does my back and my legs but I have always had more fat around the waist and chest. I've lost about 20 lbs and I need to lose about 13 more lbs to really find out if I need surgery. I have a weird body, with clothes on I have a nice looking body but once the shirt comes off you can see that I have fat on my stomach, and my chest can look good with a shirt on as long as it's not too tight but when the shirt comes off it's not as nice. Anyway what kind of doctor would I have to go to if I wanted to find out if I can lose my boobs with just excercise or if I need surgery and what kinda tests would I have to go under.

DrBermant

I have a decent athletic looking body but I still have fat around my stomach and my chest area, my arms look great, so does my back and my legs but I have always had more fat around the waist and chest. I've lost about 20 lbs and I need to lose about 13 more lbs to really find out if I need surgery. I have a weird body, with clothes on I have a nice looking body but once the shirt comes off you can see that I have fat on my stomach, and my chest can look good with a shirt on as long as it's not too tight but when the shirt comes off it's not as nice. Anyway what kind of doctor would I have to go to if I wanted to find out if I can lose my boobs with just excercise or if I need surgery and what kinda tests would I have to go under.

Any male mammal typically has some gland in his breast.  It is a function of the definition of being a mammal.  For almost all, the amount of gland is very small.  Gynecomastia comes in different degrees: from a tiny puffy nipple to a massive breasts. It does not take much to interfere with the cut look of a bodybuilder or athlete.

Fat tends to be soft, gland tends to be firm.  Fingers of gland often dissect between fingers of fat.  Look at this Gynecomastia Anatomy drawing and move your mouse over the arrows.  However, gland can be soft and fat firm confusing the picture.  Gland tends to be located under the nipple and pinching pressure can sometimes tether to the nipple pulling it in.

Although I target gland first with my Dynamic Technique, shreads of gland remain behind with any surgical method.

Gynecomastia comes in many different forms.  Check out my Gynecomastia Gallery where you can view before and after pictures of gynecomastia and the changes with surgery. This is in a new slide show format.  You can slow down, speed up, and activate a navigation panel. Each image links to pages of further details about that patient, his problem, and his surgery. 

Take your time to view the various degrees of male breast enlargement. There are additional Gynecomastia Gallery Links on that page.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024