Author Topic: im doooneee!!!  (Read 2257 times)

Offline omega

• Silver Member
ok so i wake up this morninggggg. i wasnt too nervous or antying.When i saw the beds at the hospital i was pretty freekd out:P, not too scared or anythng, but it was my first sugery. it wasnt too bad. I reachd at the hospital and they made me wait for like 4 hours or something before they operated on me, and trust me, its not the surgery that kills:P its the wait!! haha im jst glad im over it . the vest i was sposed to wear was size 1. but unfortntly they are out of that. theyve only got size 2 actualy. so the doc put on smthn  4 me for now, and ive got to go to the clinic tomrow again, and hes gona see my results, and he'll also tel me what were gona do about the vest. i havnt seen my chest yet:( im realy keen on it. i hope i dont freak outttttt. and i hope it luks gud. i reallly wana see it so bad.. pain of the surgery wasnt too much. ive got some pain. not tooo much. but im guesin some pain is normal. anythn i shudnt do that cud make the scar worse, or the pain or smthn even worse? or anythn that i shud do which will make me heel faster? any  advice is appreciated. il post pics soon ...

Offline omega

• Silver Member
wow.. any1? anythin?

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Make sure you ice as much as you can (even tho it is hard to penetrate the vest), make sure you eat enough food, take your meds, limit arm movement, rest for like 3 days, and when you get your vest situiation straightened out, keep it as tight as possible. Further down the road, stay out of the sun for a few months, and if you can't, make sure to load on sunblock so your surgery scars don't get dark.

Glad things went well! Keep us updated.
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Make sure you ice as much as you can (even tho it is hard to penetrate the vest),

Usually it is a perfectly normal thing to put ice packs on any swelling to help it go down however I have read several times on here that it is NOT a good idea in cases of gyne surgery.  There was comment I seem to recall from one of the surgeons who post on this site that ice could impede the healing process.

Other than that, I think the rest of the advice offered above is excellent.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:23:58 AM by Time_to_fix_it »
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Well the nurse of my PS called me this morning and was making sure I was icing it... it keeps the swelling down. I haven't heard it was a problem, so I'll continue to do so.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
I've noticed that a lot of people are experiencing a lot of swelling after surgery. Could putting ici on your chest a few times a day could help reduce that? Just wondering because when you do that for a sprain ankle for example it help a little.
Ice on the chest can kill tissues that otherwise would live.  My patients do not need such risks for the typical results seen on my site.

The above comment made by Dr Bermant was the one I was referring to when he answered a question from another poster.  As you can see he says “Ice on the chest can kill tissues that otherwise would live.  My patients do not need such risks for the typical results seen on my site”. 

You can find his full text on reply #4 in this thread:  http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7244.msg54267.html.

It might be that he uses a different method than your surgeon did, I don’t know.  It does get complicated if 2 different surgeons give different advice though.

All the best with your healing.

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
I could see if the ice is being put directly on the chest and scars, but most of us are icing through half in thick foam and fabric, which at best just makes the chest cold. Also, the area of discomfort, at least for me, goes down to my ribs and is a larger area than just the pecs, so icing that helps and would do no 'damage'.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024