Author Topic: Protein shakes  (Read 6581 times)

Offline poker

• Posting Member
  • San diego
Hey do protein shakes such as whey protein help or make gyno worse. I take like 1 shake a day and amino acid pills for weight lifting and was wondering if i should stop or keep going.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Whey is fine, but stay away from soy and all soy products (tofu, etc.).

http://www.the7thfire.com/health_and_nutrition/manhood.html

Offline JeffJ

• Posting Member
Huh. Im a total vegan and drink soy milk daily. That would suck if it caused my dreaded condition...
Jeff

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
i doubt it
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Huh. Im a total vegan and drink soy milk daily. That would suck if it caused my dreaded condition...
Jeff

Trust me, the estrogen in soy is not good for a man to ingest. Gyne is a very real possible side effect from soy.

Here's an interesting article about Moby claiming that he might have his wife drink "a lot of extra soy milk while she's pregnant" so that his son comes out gay.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43960

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
None of these articles really come from a trustable source...

I would like to have Dr. Bremant's opinion on this !!!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
bunk, imho.  i'm vegan too, i consume soymilk like a fish, no noticeable effect.  when i got gyne, however, i was consuming similar quantities of the hormone-saturated cow stuff.   i quoted gine2d's observation that soy phytoestrogens have something like 1/500th the impact of animal estrogens, which i also noted are reportedly accumulating in water sources and suspected in documented drastic sperm count reductions in american men as well as similar effects on animals in nature.  so to my way of seeing it, the shoe may just be on the other foot.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 08:20:55 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
headheldhigh, your situation *may* be different. Since you already have a serious case of gyne that may be an indication that your estrogen levels are already high. Therefore, the estrogen in soy would be of a lesser effect for you.
but, for other men out there who have normal-ultra low estrogen... that little bit found in soy *may* be enough to cause a marked disturbance in the man's endocrine system. the less you have of something in your body the more impact these weaker estrogens may have.
all i know is that i don't need ANY more estrogen floating through my body that is naturally occuring. also, i don't think the hormones in milk are estrogens, but i could be wrong. do you know in fact if they are?
i also would like dr. b's opinion on this.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024