Author Topic: My Mum  (Read 2347 times)

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Hi Guys

I am now 8 weeks post op with Dr Benito, everything is looking good i have most mobility back and i can fully train and get on with life as general, I'm have a few dimples and some scar tissue but it is going and I'm so glad i found this board and the advice i got. I'm 36 and i wish i had got this done 20 years ago lol but life is short and no time to look back.

Anyway the title of this post is My Mum, so my mum has not seen me wearing anything else for years but baggy tops, shirts, fleeces etc, right after the surgery she said i had lost a lot of weight- i was wearing a really tight compression vest- and she was asking my wife had i been ill. So anyway yesterday the weather in Belfast was glorious i had on a really trendy t-shirt i got from River Island and i took my 3 year old to see my parents. We were out the back and the weather was lovely and i thought bugger this and took my fleece of.

Mum was pottering about with my daughter and then she said you've lost a lot of weight and you look really good- she then said you should wear tight tops more often instead of the baggy stuff you normally wear you look really good in that T-shirt!

I think i was blushing even thought it was my mum and i couldn't wait to tell my wife- who didn't look that impressed lol. She hasn't spent half her life hiding her chest and wearing baggy stuff!

So thats my story from this weekend i went to the gym this morning wearing really tight lycra stuff to train in, and i bought a really tight Diesel T Shirt which is the dogs!!

I don't know if i can do this but as its coming up to the summer and the post op guys will want to wear nice TShirts there is a good website swerve.co.uk, check it out for reasonable priced trendy tops

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Good to hear it's going so well, mate. Can't wait until I get rid of the compression vest and can start wearing tighter tshirts too.
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
ive had similar reactions myself. most people knew about my condition anyway, ive always tried to hide it, but anyone who knew me knew about it.

good to hear your happy :)

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
Know what you mean Darren, bloody good feeling isn't it. Amazing what other people without the problem take for granted eh! Similar thing with my Mum too saying the clothes I'm wearing now are a lot nicer and people saying that it looks like I've been training hard, finally all my  training looks like it's paying off!

irish lad

happy for you.. everyone deserves them type of reactions

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Lol i wish i did Ross!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024