Author Topic: How to get started?  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Niall84

• Posting Member
Hi im a 23yr old from N Ireland and have been saving up for surgery. I only recently found this site and had been planning to go to the Us for surgery with Dr Bermant.  I got quoted prices within the last few days and only had enough money for the surgery but none of the travel.  I am now thinking of getting surgery with one of the Uk surgeons as it would involve less planning.  I just wanted to know how to get started in contacting them. Also how long on average does the whole process take from beginning til you get the actual surgery. Thanks
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 01:08:36 PM by Niall84 »

Offline kingboob

Well, you could go to your GP and ask for advice on finding a surgeon.....

The UK surgeon/clincs popular with people using this forum are as follows:

Dr Levick: (No website)
The Priory Hospital
Priory Road
edgbaston
Birmingham
B5 7UG

Tel 01527 577675

Alex Karidis: http://www.nipandtuck.co.uk/

Dr Benito: http://www.cosmeticsurgeryabroad.org/index3.htm  (consults london, operates spain but the prices are cheap I believe)

I think most people find anywhere from a 2 to 8 week wait from consult to surgery..... I would say with my surgeon (Levick) it works out about a 5 weeks ish.  Price is about £3800 IIRC.

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
I had surgery with Dr. Benito and would highly recommend him. The website to contact is already listed in previous reply. Consultation is in Harley Street in London and surgery is in a very modern well equipped hospital in Barcelona. Price is £2700 now I believe, all inclusive cost except flights. Good luck

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
Sorry forgot to say that you can usually get a surgery date no longer than 4 weeks from seeing him but now is a very busy time before summer apparently so it may be longer. Consultation is free by the way too.

Offline kingboob

I had surgery with Dr. Benito and would highly recommend him. The website to contact is already listed in previous reply. Consultation is in Harley Street in London and surgery is in a very modern well equipped hospital in Barcelona. Price is £2700 now I believe, all inclusive cost except flights. Good luck

That is an absolute bargain if you have the balls to do it abroad.......  I couldn't personally but then I have never even been out of the country before, what a sheltered life I live!  :D :D

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Hi i am from Belfast i went with Benito, flights to Barcelona with Easyjet, Air Lingus and Jet 2 are so cheap, i flew out with Jet2 and back with Air Lingus and it was about £70 return all in. Hotels in Barcelona are expensive thats the downside. You also need to go se Dr B in Harley street, i flew out early and back in the same afternoon with Easyjet, you get the train and tube to Oxford Circus its handy enough.

The care in Barcelona is excellent, travelling home is sore but if you went to England it would be sore too! You get a free day in Barcelona so you can travel about- no booze and you have to fast from the night before!

Anyway goodluck and if your unhappy with your chest then go for it you wont regret it and it will be £3k well spent. Im 37 and i wish i had my surgery when i was your age- i had mine in February

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Hi, Im going with Benito in 2 weeks, any tips Darrend? My gyne is grade 2, more fat than puffy nips...but cant believe its going to happen. I will put before and after pics with an account of how it was.

Offline Niall84

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info guys.  Im currently studying for some exams so it will be a couple of weeks before i contact anyone about it.  I'll keep you all posted as to what i do. thanks again

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
I have nothing to add that hasn't been said there are some good posts regarding Benito's work so look at them. The only advice i can give is make sure you fast from the night before and that includes water! I drank some water the morning of my op and felt really sick when i came round post op, dont worry you will be too nervous to be hungry! Also Aida is cute and abit flirty so have fun.

When you get home don't do any strenious exercise but dont just sit around feeling sorry for yourself go out for walks etc. Deffinately sleep on your back for the first few weeks as well its a pain but its so necessary and keep trying to increase the tension in your compression vest, if you can take it increase it Benito will tell you it should be at its tightest setting after about a week, its seems like no way can i tighten it any more but if you lie on your back on bed you can tighten it right up. And don't worry about the fluid sloshing around in your chest it is such a weird sensation but it is natural. Look at Anothercase's photos cause thats what your bruises will be like! Also Anothercase's post on his experience is good.

Good Luck

belfastmale

Im also from belfast, i have my consultation with benito in london next friday, flying out and back on same day. You say your gyno was grade 2, how bad is that? I sent some pics 2 dr benito and he reckons mine is grade 1, what does that mean?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024