Author Topic: Lipo or the knife?  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Pntbll74

• Posting Member
Well, went to the plastic surgion and he said there are two procudes.
1. Liposuction, they suck it all out.
2.They cut it open and cut out the tissue.
He recommended lipo, but will i get better results from lipo or the knife?
Anyone have pictures I could see that of people that have had the liposuction procedure?

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
If you ha ve gland then you definitely need excision,most docs have to do a little of both...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Pntbll74

• Posting Member
well, if you have gyne dont you automatically have a gland?

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
All guys have a gland in their chest , no matter what,Its just that in some of us the gland grows in size,resulting in gyne,but there is another type of gyne-pseudo gyne wich is just fat...

Offline Pntbll74

• Posting Member
Does anyone have pictures of pre/post operation of liposuction patients?

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i don't understand why you have to pick one or the other...if he's giving you a choice that means he does both..why can't he be ready to do both when he opens you up...it's tough for even them to tell what exactly the fat/gland ratio is and usually u need both done..

sorry if i'm missing something here...

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Only get the lipo if he reaches in there and pulls the gland out.  The gland cannot be sucked out, and he can only use the canula (sucking tool) to break it up.  He must use something else to pull it out, otherwise he won't be getting anything but fat.  This is what my PS will do to me, and I feel it's much better than having scars on my nipples.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i don't see the big deal about scars on the nipples..they are not visible after a while..

to each his own i guess...

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
i don't understand why you have to pick one or the other...if he's giving you a choice that means he does both..why can't he be ready to do both when he opens you up...it's tough for even them to tell what exactly the fat/gland ratio is and usually u need both done..

sorry if i'm missing something here...

I agree.  Was the PS giving you a choice between the two procedures or was he telling you these are the two procedures that he will do.  

"If" you need both fat and gland removed he should do both excision and lipo.  If he doesn't, I would guess there would be a good chance you'll be back on these boards talking about revision surgery.

Maybe he has to cut you open first to see if there's any gland that needs to be removed.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024