Author Topic: How big are your LUMPS?  (Read 6395 times)

Offline AvionicsMarine

• Posting Member
i am having surgery on tuesday (military), and i am kind of nervous. anyway, i just wondered how big the average size of a guy's "lumps" are if you just have the hard tissue under your nipple. i dont need any lipo, but i am having the hard gland removed. mine are about a quarter size on the right, and probably an inch and a half on the left. is this way above normal? thanks!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
maybe 5-6" but flatter than most and it depends on whether you're going horizontal or vertical. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline AvionicsMarine

• Posting Member
wow, 5 or 6 inches of hard tissue? i thought mine was abnormally big being an in and a half. im not talking about fat, just the hard tissue under the nipple

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
The palpable lumps under my left nipple are around 3" if you count them all as one mass. They probably are one mass, just with a very irregular lumpy surface.

Lump under my right nipple is smaller, about 2" maybe, but if seems to puff the nipple out more, as there's less fat on this side, quite a lot less.

I've also got a small collection of lumps at the very top of my chest near the armpits, ranging from 1/16th-1/8 of an inch, and more in line with my nipples, but on the side of my torso, these are 1/16/1/8 inch too.

Quite a lot of hard tissue to take care of there, lippo needed I guess would be moderate. I'm planning on being ~14-15% Body Fat by the time I can afford surgery tho.

DrBermant

i am having surgery on tuesday (military), and i am kind of nervous. anyway, i just wondered how big the average size of a guy's "lumps" are if you just have the hard tissue under your nipple. i dont need any lipo, but i am having the hard gland removed. mine are about a quarter size on the right, and probably an inch and a half on the left. is this way above normal? thanks!

Size of Gynecomastia Glands vary from patient to patient.  Use the navigation panel to jump to different types of gynecomastia to see pictures of the gland removed.  Click on the link to learn more for each patient.

I never use gland excision alone and have seen many crater deformities from gynecomastia surgery from patients dissatisfied after having such methods used.  However, each surgeon has his / her own techniques.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Male Breast Surgery

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Though they have drooped and seem to have shrunk with age, I'd say more than an A cup but not a full B in my 30's. when they were the fullest. and at 5'10" and 160lb.

Enough that I used an athletic bra to keep them from bouncing when I was involved in some activities. Haven't used that for a long time, Not even sure if I still have one.

Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

Though they have drooped and seem to have shrunk with age, I'd say more than an A cup but not a full B in my 30's. when they were the fullest. and at 5'10" and 160lb.

Enough that I used an athletic bra to keep them from bouncing when I was involved in some activities. Haven't used that for a long time, Not even sure if I still have one.

A body shaping compression garment does a better job than a bra.

You can even view Movies of how these garments deal with bouncing tissues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery

Offline Spleen

I had a bunch of lumps on teh left and right size that felt anywhere between pea to grape sized.  Both sides felt the same to me but after surgery the doc told me that he took way more gland out on teh left than on the right.  Palpation isn't gonna give you an exact idea of how much gland is in there pre-op.

DrBermant

I had a bunch of lumps on teh left and right size that felt anywhere between pea to grape sized.  Both sides felt the same to me but after surgery the doc told me that he took way more gland out on teh left than on the right.  Palpation isn't gonna give you an exact idea of how much gland is in there pre-op.

Unfortunately feeling alone is just not that accurate. Although gland tends to be firm and fat soft, gland can be soft and fat firm. Scar tissue can be just as firm or more firm that gland. Scar tissue can also stick structures together, adhesion. The goal for this surgical sculpture should be how it looks especially on movement, playing sports, swimming, and living life. Perfect surgery, something I aspire to, has no visible scars or distortions that can be felt, but that is just not realistic.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gyne, by definition, is excess tissue on a male chest which mimics a female breast.  The exact size will vary significantly. 

What is also true is that most excess tissue is a combination of both breast tissue (gland) and fat -- the ratio is different with every individual.

Finally, it is a fool's errand to try to discern by feel (except in some very severe cases) what is fat and what is breast tissue.  Even my experienced surgeon's hands cannot tell the difference many times.  And truly, it doesn't matter to an experienced gyne surgeon because any surgery will remove the excess tissues (whatever they are) and leave a trim and contoured chest.

Trying to count and size one's lumps is like counting how many angels can dance on the head of a pin -- a useless exercise.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024