Author Topic: I need advice  (Read 5944 times)

Offline TheJosh

Ok, hopefully this time my post goes through. So I am 27 and about fed up to the brim with my gyno. I run around with beautiful women all the time but have zero self confidence. I would really like to hear some feedback about the severity of mine. I feel like its quite bad, but am hoping that part of that is my own self inflection. I am trying to lose as much weight as possible and plan on scheduling the surgery for November. Does anyone have any advice? How bad does mine look to you?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
7/10...

Those need to come off my man...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The women in my life don't seem to care. We hear from lots of guys who have had similar results with the girls.

What is important is the impact that they are having upon you.

I suspect you'll be a much happier man after the surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline TheJosh

Ok, so one more question. What is your opinion on financing such an operation through a doctor. I found a doctor through this site that is in Dallas (I live in Austin) that does a financing thing, but as someone who has never been in a hospital I am nervous. How much does a person pay for such an operation? What happens if they screw up and you look worse than when you started?!?!?!

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
Do you have health insurance? Anthem Blue Cross covers gynecomastia surgery if you meet their requirements. I was approved.

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
to me it doesn't look too too bad man. I seen much worse... I had much worse....

I was checking some of your other pics. I was looking kind of quickly but you seem to also have some fat that goes a lot to the sides making it look worse. I'm no expert so you have to check with your doc but from my quick look it seems you might do with some additional lipo too. If this is the case make sure your doctor is giving you exactly what you want.... example: you will need gland excision but perhaps you also want him to lipo out anything else that makes you look uneven.

I had much gland to excise but so much fat accumulated in the region of my ribcage that excision and minor lipo was not enough so it required massive amount of work. To the point where general Surgeon wasn't going to do it I had to go right to plastic surgeon. He took out the gland, lipo'd it, lipo'd all the way left and right of my ribs, removed lots of skin, moved everything up and reatacthed the nipples. I look so much better. dare i say... sexier? for me personally absolutely.

How much will you pay? I really dint know.... some say it depends where you get it done, what kind of doc, how much work and such.

You may be looking at somewhere near 4 grand. good be much less... or they could ask for more.

Lastly....what if they screw up and you look worse? In this case thats probably not something to worry as much about. Its not like you are getting a nose job or eye surgery. Even if the results are far less then satisfactory you will most surely look so much better after. You do have to be prepared for the fact that you are going to look different. compared to how you look now. (I know, what am I saying?) well its a tad hard to understand what I mean but a doctor is going to radically change the way you look and it can take mental adjustment. Someone is putting you back together. But this is what you (and I, + everyone else on here wants). You're nipples are going to be redone, they might look slightly different. You may lose a certain amount of nipple sensitivity (not for sure) but they will still respond to elements and will be normal. Surely you will be the only one who notices. What I think is its hard to mess up this kind of thing. You just dont want to be overlipo'd, and you want to your nipples to successfully reattach.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
find out up front first.  then compare rates.  then weigh in that they might be more forgiving if you're a week late on a payment.  then decide. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
You got it pretty good my friend.  I can picture how they must look with you arms down, 8-9/10.

Find a great doc who does a lot of these.  I have seen too many cases where guys try to save a grand or two only to be disappointed. If your doc does "screw up" revision is usually included.  Your skin's ability to tighten may be an issue.  Given your age you may be OK, ask a doc.

Get a consultation, you will learn a lot.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

You're nipples are going to be redone, they might look slightly different. You want to your nipples to successfully reattach.

Sounds like you are saying that his areolas/nipples will be totally removed and relocated...  ???

GB

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
I thought they go in from around the nipple? don't they incision around the nipples? I seen it in the videos of them doing it.

At least depending on the severity of the situation they may as they did me. I had complete reattachment.

I think he should definitely go to the surgery but I also don't want to lie to him.  I guess I dont want to scare him either. (you dont have to be scared)

I could be wrong
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:23:11 PM by Badgene »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

From what I have seen, most excision procedures are done via the peri-areola incision. A 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock half circle incision... For most procedures, complete areola removal/reattachment is not necessary.

GB

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
oh ok. yeah he probably doesnt have to worry about that then (what I went through). mine was like 8 times worse then his so they had to move it all up. It was a messy situation. But it worked out for me. Since it looks like his nipples are pretty centered. For me the doc showed me how if he didnt my nipples would be around the bottom of my sternum  :o

So I had to go through a complete re-graphting like they do for burn victims except I had my real nipples to reapply. I guess I was pretty unique I wish I was lucky enough to have what this guy had. If that makes him feel anybetter.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

You are right there... very severe cases would need nipple relocation. However, in his case, I highly doubt that he would require relocation.

GB

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Josh,

Just so you are not confused....with the majority of cases (and probably in yours from your pics) nipple relocation is NOT needed.  In your case you will lose most of your nipple sensation after surgery, but it will return within a few months to at most a year.

In the rare male mastectomy where nipple relo is needed, sensation does not return, but the chest still looks "normal" whatever that is.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

but the chest still looks "normal" whatever that is.

Really dude.... What is 'normal'?

As we are all very different and unique individuals, there is no 'normal'....

Personally, I am just beginning to accept this...  It's been a difficult journey tho....  :-\

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024