Author Topic: Tribulus terrestris  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Email

• Posting Member
Hi!

Have any of you ever heard of Tribulus terrestris? In Wikipedia it says that "Tribulus terrestris extract slightly increases hormone levels, though leaving them in the normal range".
I can find the capsules in "Holland and Barret", but I'm not really sure if I should take them at all? I'm willing to try things as long as they are not harmful before undergoing another surgery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribulus_terrestris

Thank you in advance  :)

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
Tribulus is crap.

There's only one "study" showing that Trib raises hormone levels (via raising LH), and that was funded by a manufacturer of Bulgarian Tribulus. ALL other studies, including independant double-blind tests show it does nothing.

It does however posess the ability to make your erections stronger, though it's certainly through a mechanism other than hormones.

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
first of all, why would you want to take something that raises hormone levels? wouldnt this raise your estrogen levels? i would want to take something that raises testosterone and lowers estrogen
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
Ideally for gyne sufferers you would want +test and -oestrogen, however increasing test will always lead to an increase in oestrogen due to the way most oestrogen is made in a male body. It's the ratio of testosterone to oestrogen that counts really, and Trib will alter neither.

Tribulus is bull any way, don't waste your money

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024