Author Topic: this is hard  (Read 2495 times)

Offline phatpat

Im new to this whole thing (talking about it).   I never have exept to a family doctor and imediate family.  When i was thirteen i started to develope my chest. Thats when my whole world started to crumble. I am now 22, thats a long time. Since i was about fourteen i have not been in a pool, on the beach, or in a hot tub. I do not ever remember having my shirt off outside. This condition has ruined my life, and most of all, kept me from living my life. Everyday i wake up and have the same routine, get dressed tuck my shirt in as tight as i can and where a button up shirt or a hoody. Ive had girlfreinds but i can never do anything that may jeperdise my secret. I see the adds for pills, surgery, and working out, but i dont know what to trust. And i dont know if i could live the rest of my life single, depressed, or not at all.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
some of us never even talked to docs. 

you're now at the age where you can do something about it yourself.  pills are a waste.  weightlifting may make it more obvious at first but is good prep for an op, which is the only fix.  you don't HAVE to know if you could live the rest of your life depressed or single, because you can choose how this one turns out for yourself. 

welcome to a crowd that knows what it's like  :)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
It is difficult.  I've also had gynecomastia since puberty.  I'm 25 now and missed out on many pool parties and summer basketball games.  Well, I'm doing something about it.  Check out my story here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15911.0

My surgery is on Tuesday.  You can do it too. 

Offline BoobsBgone525

• Posting Member
just want to say ur not alone and i had gyno my whole life up until a yr ago when i had the surgery.......never let a girl see me w-o a shirt off all thru out high school and finally meet a girl in college and felt confident enough to go to the beach with her well b4 i had the surgery....and even tho i saw other ppl stare at my chest she never said a word and when i confronted her about it she said she doesnt see ne thing wrong wit it..point of my post is if the girl really likes u she wont be turned off from ur chest...i was a skinny dude with pink puffy pointy nips so they were very noticeable.....get the surgery...financed it if u have too....i did my thru care credit dot com ur life will change..but for now dont let it make u miss out with the girls....make em suck on them lol....bc after surgery u wont feel shit when they do haha...just trying to make ya laugh.....take care and good luck and always know they there are millions of ppl like us

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
When i was thirteen i started to develope my chest. Thats when my whole world started to crumble. I am now 22, thats a long time. I dont know if i could live the rest of my life single, depressed, or not at all.

Ah dude don't panic, you are still young... get the surgery and be free! I had G for 31 years! Now 'that' is a long time!!! ;)  I had surgery at 41 to correct my gyne. I'm 45 now.

Surgery is the only way to correct the condition. Those potions/pills that claim to rid you of your G are a waste of your hard earned coin. You would be better off putting that money towards surgery.

HHH mentioned that some of us didn't even talk to a doctor. I was one of those people. I didn't discuss my condition with anyone ( although many knew... :( ), it was just too damn embarrassing... Many (as I did) suffer in complete silence.  :'(

Keep your head held high (geeze, where have I heard that before... :P) and don't give up. Get the surgery, save your pennies if you have to. Finance it, anything. Just get it done!!!

Welcome to the club! ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024