Author Topic: Bruising?  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
I'm 27 years old and healthy (except mentally of course.) I'm curious how long it might take for the post-op bruising to disappear.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Depends on your surgeon, I guess.  I'm 18 and haven't really had any post-op bruising exept a little bit on one of my sides under my arm.  Check out my pics to see what I'm talking about.  My PS did instruct me to begin taking certain vitamins two weeks prior to surgery to improve my healing:

1000mg Vitamin C three times daily
400mg Vitamin E three times daily
325mg ferrous gluconate three times daily
one multivitamin twice daily

Consult your doctor / plastic surgeon before doing something like this.

From others' pics on these boards I'd say they'd be gone within two weeks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 08:28:33 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
im 3rd day post op and the brusing just started today

DrBermant

I'm 27 years old and healthy (except mentally of course.) I'm curious how long it might take for the post-op bruising to disappear.

Bruising after surgery depends on many factors such as the original problem, surgical technique, skill of your surgeon, complications, what you have put into your body, how you heal, and other factors.  Bruising is blood in the tissues outside of vessels and can drift towards the surface over the next few days after surgery.  Secondary revision surgery and more extended operations tend to be at higher risk for bruising. I prefer techniques to minimize bruising when I can. The link above is the typical bruising for my patients.  I have had patients with more or less bruising.  Sometimes I find additional bruising was due to something the patient took before the operation that contained something that increased bruising, one bodybuilder had taken a drink that had aspirin to make bodybuilders feel better after heavy workous.  Sometimes it is the patient's tendency to bruise that is the factor.  Each patient is different.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024