Author Topic: Where did you buy your compression vest from for post op? Surgery soon...  (Read 5090 times)

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Ok I have surgery on the 8th April with Levick and I am totally nervous. It is on mind every minute of the day...

I remember being told to buy a compression garment so that I can wear it after surgery.

Does Levick give you a vest to wear after?

What is the quickest and cheapest option?
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Banobo

hiya, I bought mines from holisticgarmentsdirect.co.uk they were priced well at £45 and were very swift at next day delivery. look it up hopefully they will do the trick for u mate. I've had no problems with them, if you can afford it I'd buy 2 though, less hassle when it comes to washing etc.

GynO_DuDe

Buy a garment off any website (one size down helps)... I took off my surgical dressing 3 days after my op, and threw on the garment because the surgical glue on the dressing gave me a nasty rash. Mr Levick was fine with this as well ...

And as kingboob said, what was the waiting time after your consultation??? I want a revision soon.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
I think I will go to JJB and just buy a nike compression vest as that will be easy and quick for me.

Something like this:
http://www.jjbsports.com/nike-pro/nike-pro-ultimate-sl-tight-crew/prod_156565.aspx

I had my consultation in February and booked the surgery in April myslef. Levick had dates available before April however I wanted to have the surgery during the Easter Holidays so I can rest and revise for my exams!!

I probably could have had the surgery within 2 weeks of my consultation but I chose not to.

The best bet for both of you is to ring his office in the morning and see whats available.

Out of curiousity why are both of you having revisions?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:15:26 PM by Hope »

GynO_DuDe

Ahhh right, hmm im tempted to just book it for easter holidays ive got exams as well in May ... but then Im thinking If I should book it near the end of May after exams ...

Dunno ... see what happens in the consultation.

The reason why im having revision is because I was originally told I might need it before the actual op. I had a serious case you see, and went to him overweight and with severe gyne, that was 1 and a bit years ago, August 07' ... in the original consultation he said he'd do a chest lift, where he relocates the nipple and excises skin and removes gland/fat, but on the operating day he asked if I would wait and see a year after a normal lipo/gland removal op through a tiny incision under the armpit crease, just so I could see if im happy with the results. Im not gonna lie, im more than chuffed, but knowing that he can remove more is making me want to go back ... I mean since then ive lost some weight and put on a bit of muscle so I want the 2nd touch up on the underarms as theirs still some left their which I can feel.

Basically with all surgeons ... if you go to them with a good physique and basically a decent canvas for them to work on, expect perfect results. But if you don't then, expect revisions ... thats how I think of it anyway.

GynO_DuDe

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
I'd go with the proper compression vest for £45 the Nike one isn't tight enough in my opinion.

Banobo

I bought one of the sport style ones before my surgery and it's really wasn't up to the job guys, it's fine for a little bit of a break when the surgical ones getting washed but it just didn't feel like it was supportive enough. You don't feel so clammy in the other ones anyway

Offline kingboob

Still, a tight nike vest would be better than nothing surely?

I mean this guy is running out of time to get something now if he is having surgery on the 8th...... that is 2 weeks today, and I know mine took about 3 weeks to arrive....

Banobo

The site that i mentioned delivers next day. I ordered mine in the morning and first thing next morning it was here. Yeah i'm sure the nike vest is probably better than nothing but it's not exactly hard ordering something that's fairly quick in the post. My opinion, i have both and now the nike vest never gets used.

GynO_DuDe

Fair cop' ... I ordered mine from a website called UNDERWORKS if I remember correctly, was a black supertight vest ... Dont remember how long it took to arrive though.

Offline as400

• Silver Member
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:55:51 PM by as400 »
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
One reason I want to buy the nike one is because i can just go and get it instead of waiting for it to arrive and someone in my family picking it up.

I am going to hide this operation from everyone that I know.

Plus I can wash the Nike one easily, instead of my mum finding the compression vest and saying what the hell is this.

I am going to get one size down nike vest making sure that it is as tight as can be. Plus I will pick a couple of them incase they start stretching.

Banobo if worse comes to worse and the Nike vest isnt doing the job then I will order from that website.

Ebay seems like a good option, I will defo consider it.

I cnat beleive the operation is like 2 weeks away, it hasnt hit me yet and I think i will become more nervous and aware of the whole situation the night before. It is probably going to be the worst night ever...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys it is truly appreciated :)

GynO_DuDe

Ahhhh righhttt, makes sense then, hiding it from the fam.

And worst night ever? are you stupid mate. YOUR GOING TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE ... 100% Perfect Results <--- Now thats another thing. Depending on how bad your case is, you might just be 80% happy like I was and need a little touch up. But either way, trust me, the improvement will be more than enough to have you smiling and take of that heavy stress youve got regarding your chest ...

Banobo

Hi hope, i see what you mean, you feel it could put you in an awkward situation. at least your getting this sorted man, that's the main thing matey. I would advise letting someone that you know/trust and can possibly care for you a little. That's totally down to you  it's just your family might see you plodding about stiff as old boot leather. when i hap my surgery i wasn't allowed out unless they knew i had someone at home able to take the weight for a few days. Anyway i hope it goes well for you and keep us posted.

Oh i forgot to say when i ordered my vest i remember seeing it could be delivered to any address rather than just the cardholders, plus it's discreetly packaged if that helps ypu in any way. Hope this helps!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024