Author Topic: Best way to hide a compression vest?  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member
I really can't have my friends finding out that I got breast reduction surgery..so what are you guys best methods for hiding it? Is it impossible to do it with just a couple t-shirts or is a hoodie necessary? The worst part is I waited too long and my surgery is going to be right around when the weather starts to creep into the 60s.

I'm starting to get really nervous as the surgery approaches. Will I be able to act normal around my friends 4 days post-op?

Whats a common thing you guys tell people if you get put into a situation where you have to say something?

Thanks guys

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
 Do you work or are you in school?

If you are older you can just tell your friends you are busy. You don't need to see your buddies everyday.

If you are in school I suppose you could just rock a zip up hoodie without a jacket. A cartigan. A dress shirt with a tshirt underneath.

- I havent had surgery but I dont think you will be looking like a member of the swat team with the compression vest. I bet nobody will notice

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
You will likely need a t-shirt plus a jacket to hide the Stage 1 vest.  I would try to avoid hanging out with people as much as possible at least the first couple weeks after the surgery.  But you if you have to, and someone says something, I would say either you had a big cyst removed form your back and the vest will help with the scarring or you messed up your back and your doctor said it would help. 

My greatest fear was getting hit by someone in the chest or getting titty twister.  Even now that concerns me.  My friends can get pretty rowdy!

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member

My greatest fear was getting hit by someone in the chest or getting titty twister.  Even now that concerns me.  My friends can get pretty rowdy!
[/quote]

Same here man! My friends and I are constantly fuckin around with each other like fighting and shit hah so I dont want to suddenly be all weird about it...I'm making myself more and more nervous as I continue to think about it

What if say a week post op and I want to go out for a night on the town with all my friends. Would I be ok wearing just an underarmour vest for one night?

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Well, I had  pretty minor case and I wasn't really comfortable doing anything without the Stage 1 vest on.  The vest holds your chest together, without out, when you move around, your chest will move also and that can be painful.  I just said I was sick and didn't go out for pretty much a full week.  After that things are more manageable and maybe you can try to get by without the vest occasionally, but I would still advise it if at all possible.   

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
Yea I know what you mean about getting knocked in the chest by friends. About 1 week post op we were playing video games and i beat my friend and he tried to do playful punch thing and i just caught his fist with my hand before he did, it was like crazy matrix reaction stuff. I was like DONT you ******!!!!!

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
Jeez, what does this thing look like?

I wear a white undershirt and regular t-shirt every day; what could you possibly see through that?  ???

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
There are lots of different types of compression vests, you can see some on Bermant's website.  The reason you can see the Stage 1 through a t-shirt, even two t-shirts is because there are velcro straps that go over the shoulders so you can adjust the vest.  Also, along the front, mine has these little metal hooks from top to bottom, so that you can put it on like a buttoned-shirt.  You can see the line of metal hooks going downt he front and the straps over your shoulders unless you're wearing a thick hoodie or a jacket.  You may be able to find something better, but I suspect they are all pretty similar.  The vest is pretty important, I would not go with out it. 

The Stage 2's are non-adjustable and don't have hooks, but they are harder to put on because they go over your head and post-surgery it is difficult to get your arms over your head. 

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
I was given a binder that goes around my chest (no straps over the shoulder or anything) and if I wear a t-shirt, the binder over it, and a dark colored t-shirt over the binder that isn't super tight, you can't even notice. I went out like that the other night and no one ever said a word. Just looks like I have a really flat chest (no complaints there!). I've only got about 10 more days with it and then I'm done. Really isn't bad at all.

Why not just tell people you had some excess tissue on your side or in the center of your chest that you needed removed? That way no one says anything about "man boobs" and at the same time, everyone knows not to punch you in the chest or do anything violent. Better to be safe than sorry... last thing you need is a friend who doesn't know any better giving you a shot to the area you just had surgery on. That would be BAD.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024